1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I just finished building my second customac:

MB: H370M DS3H
CPU: i3 8100
GPU: Integrated/Intel UHD 630

After a bunch of tinkering, the only issue I really have is no HDMI audio and low resolution on my monitor with no option to change the resolution. Also there are some weird artifacts or "glitchyness" throughout the screen (see attached screenshot). I don't really care about the audio issue at this point. So this is mainly about the res and the red/blue vertical lines.

What I find weird is that the lines/glitches start as soon as I turn my rig on at the motherboard splash screen. Also while tinkering around, I did a fresh install maybe 3 or 4 times, trying to fix other issues that I eventually did fix. During the first install there were no lines/glitches, the second time they appeared, then the third time it seemed to have fixed itself, now its back.

The other huge problem for me is the resolution. I intend to play poker on this computer so its important that I have enough res to multi-table games. Right now its stuck at 1360 x 768 and it doesn't offer any other alternatives in display settings. The resolution stayed the same throughout all of the installs.

I've tried googling and searching this forum for a fix and while some seemed promising nothing seems to work for me. I tried Lilu.kext - Shiki.kext - IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - CoreDisplayFixup.kext and playing around with ig-platform-id values. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

I should also mention that part of the reason for the multiple fresh installs, has to do with multibeast. Unibeast USB worked well, then whenever I would use the default multibeast settings (Clover UEFI Boot Mode and FakeSMC) I was locked out at my login screen because the keyboard and mouse no longer worked. So I've steered clear of multibeast this install by simply copying the EFI files and settings to my SSD, so now only the graphics issues remain.

So any help with getting this graphics issue to work would be much appreciated, I've included IOReg, Patchmatic and my CLOVER folder in the attachment "Files.zip" hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more info. :)

Thanks,
ShragleDagle

Edit: I just checked the screenshot on my phone and apparently the glitches aren't there.
So I'll try to explain it better. It seems the glitches follow whatevers on screen, its not constant. So for example if I move my cursor you get even more vertical red lines closer together then what is already throughout. Also there are blue lines that seem to follow the outline of any window I have open.

I'll try and take an actual picture of it when I get back home.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.48.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.48.07 AM.png
    412.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Files.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I just finished building my second customac:

MB: H370M DS3H
CPU: i3 8100
GPU: Integrated/Intel UHD 630

After a bunch of tinkering, the only issue I really have is no HDMI audio and low resolution on my monitor with no option to change the resolution. Also there are some weird artifacts or "glitchyness" throughout the screen (see attached screenshot). I don't really care about the audio issue at this point. So this is mainly about the res and the red/blue vertical lines.

What I find weird is that the lines/glitches start as soon as I turn my rig on at the motherboard splash screen. Also while tinkering around, I did a fresh install maybe 3 or 4 times, trying to fix other issues that I eventually did fix. During the first install there were no lines/glitches, the second time they appeared, then the third time it seemed to have fixed itself, now its back.

The other huge problem for me is the resolution. I intend to play poker on this computer so its important that I have enough res to multi-table games. Right now its stuck at 1360 x 768 and it doesn't offer any other alternatives in display settings. The resolution stayed the same throughout all of the installs.

I've tried googling and searching this forum for a fix and while some seemed promising nothing seems to work for me. I tried Lilu.kext - Shiki.kext - IntelGraphicsFixup.kext - CoreDisplayFixup.kext and playing around with ig-platform-id values. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

I should also mention that part of the reason for the multiple fresh installs, has to do with multibeast. Unibeast USB worked well, then whenever I would use the default multibeast settings (Clover UEFI Boot Mode and FakeSMC) I was locked out at my login screen because the keyboard and mouse no longer worked. So I've steered clear of multibeast this install by simply copying the EFI files and settings to my SSD, so now only the graphics issues remain.

So any help with getting this graphics issue to work would be much appreciated, I've included IOReg, Patchmatic and my CLOVER folder in the attachment "Files.zip" hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more info. :)

Thanks,
ShragleDagle

Edit: I just checked the screenshot on my phone and apparently the glitches aren't there.
So I'll try to explain it better. It seems the glitches follow whatevers on screen, its not constant. So for example if I move my cursor you get even more vertical red lines closer together then what is already throughout. Also there are blue lines that seem to follow the outline of any window I have open.

I'll try and take an actual picture of it when I get back home.

You are using an invalid FakeID (0x12345678). No expectation of working graphics with an invalid id (the purpose of that is to disable the graphics kexts).

Your device 8086:3e91 not native. Must set FakeID/IntelGFX=0x3e928086, and use FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I tried that unless I somehow did it incorrectly? Are those kexts supposed to be installed into clover/kexts/other or are they to go in library/extensions?
I tried it already in the clover/kexts and 2/3 of the way up on the apple progress bar on boot my display disconnects. Or fails to receive any signal. The only way I can actually get into the login screen is by editing in that 12345678 value.

I'm also curious what do you mean by Your device 8086:3e91 not native.?

Edit: I just tried with those kexts installed into s/l/e and also again with just l/e and changed the Fakeid and its the same no video signal about 2/3 of the apple progress bar. I took a video of verbose mode, I'm attaching a screenshot of the last thing before the screen disconnects. If you want me to post the video, even though most of it is too fast to read, let me know.

Also attached the same problem reporting files after repeating your steps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.46.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 11.46.10 AM.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Files after FakePCIID .zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply. However, I tried that unless I somehow did it incorrectly? Are those kexts supposed to be installed into clover/kexts/other or are they to go in library/extensions?
I tried it already in the clover/kexts and 2/3 of the way up on the apple progress bar on boot my display disconnects. Or fails to receive any signal. The only way I can actually get into the login screen is by editing in that 12345678 value.

I'm also curious what do you mean by Your device 8086:3e91 not native.?

Edit: I just tried with those kexts installed into s/l/e and also again with just l/e and changed the Fakeid and its the same no video signal about 2/3 of the apple progress bar. I took a video of verbose mode, I'm attaching a screenshot of the last thing before the screen disconnects. If you want me to post the video, even though most of it is too fast to read, let me know.

Also attached the same problem reporting files after repeating your steps.

You must also rename HECI->IMEI (Apple uses IMEI).
Good idea to rename GFX0->IGPU as well.
(and for audio, you will need to rename HDAS->HDEF)
Also, will probably need kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware.

All kexts you need should be installed to /L/E.

Refer to the laptop guide plists for ways to accomplish:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

By not native, I mean device-id 0x3e91 is not natively supported by the system graphics kexts.
You can see easily by comparing the output:
Code:
grep -y 3e92 -R /System/Library/Extensions
# vs
grep -y 3e91 -R /System/Library/Extensions

You may also need the "4-displays" patch (use search) depending on which connector you're attaching your display. Make sure you're not attempting to use VGA.

Hey RehabMan, I just wanted to thank you for all your input.

I went ahead with everything you explained except the 4 displays patch. Which, after searching the forums for this elusive 4-displays patch, I only had more questions. From my understanding it wasn't as simple as injecting a kext or changing config.plist. If that was the case then from what I've found on Google and this forum, there is not a guide to follow, just posts here and there giving conflicting info or rather specific info for specific problems. I couldn't find any 4 displays patches relating to either High Sierra or the UHD 630. Anyways that's probably just due to my limited knowledge in such things.

So, I gave up and bought a GTX 1050 which after a few simple tweaks is up and running with full acceleration at the correct resolution.

But seriously thanks for the time you've put into answering my posts, and of course all the hard work that goes into these RehabMan releases which makes a lot of this stuff possible. :)

ShragleDagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back