Contribute
Register

[Solved] Uefi Installation unavailable in UEFI , Clover , El Capitan , Z97X UD3H , i74790k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 740
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i create my Stick as shown in the Installation Guide (UEFI)

ive tried several Stick (8Gb 16 Gb 32gb and 64gb) , also the one ive used to UEFI Install Yosemite (7,47gb)
AT First i downloaded El Capitan and updatet my Macbook

I Open the Stick in DIsk Utility and erase it as 1 Partition in GUID as OSX Extented (i Name it USB)
Then i open Unibeast 6.0 , Press 4 times continue and choose my stick , El Capitan as OS UEFI Boot Mode and Inject Intel3000 (i also tried with no Injection) .

Installation completes and i eject my Stick :beachball: here is a lil disappointing point / when i eject the completed Partitions (EFI and InstallOSX) a failure appears with the notice : EFI Folder is used by another programm or similar

After a while (1 min) the Partitions disappears at the Desktop and i physically disconnect the stick

Then i start the hackintosh - press F2 and in the UEFI Settings i reset the Settings and load optimized settings ,
.....................Execute Disable Bit = Disabled
.....................Intel Virtualization = Enabled
.....................Initial Display Output =PCIe 1 Slot
.....................Intel Processor Graphics= Enabled
.....................Intel Processor Graphics= 64M

Then i put the stick on a USB 2.0 Port on the backside on my MB (tried also every 2.0 Port and 3.0)
and restart the machine .

After reboot i press F12 and Bootscreen (UEFI) appears - there is no UEFI Partition shown of the Stick , just the old one working UEFI entry of yosemite (MACOSX) and the newer (i tried to directly update OSX last week) called OSX . The P0 and P1 is also shown (my 2 disks which are Fusiondrives) and the stick by itself . but its not as usual called UEFI : NameoftheStick , its just : Nameofthestick !
When i try to boot it i get the insert a proper device which remembers me on a legacyinstall

when i put the Intsallstick on my Macbook , i can access the EFI Folder , its there with kext and all as far as i can see .

I already tried to cmos reset the MB but no change

in BIOS of course its selected to boot UEFI and Legacy

Does someone know what to do or can help ,me ? :)

Uefi Installation unavailable in UEFI , Clover , El Capitan , Z97X UD3H , i74790k

This might be completely unrelated, but I had issues with creating my USB stick in the first place. The EFI partition wasn't being written properly. Maybe your EFI partition is also having issues.

My fix was to repartition the usb stick as MBR and MS-DOS FAT. I'm pretty sure this kills the hidden EFI partition. After that, I reformatted as GUID and MacOS Extended to recreate a clean EFI partition.

Then I ran the installer and everything worked like it was supposed to. Maybe that will help?

Uefi Installation unavailable in UEFI , Clover , El Capitan , Z97X UD3H , i74790k

hhmm but i realized in this moment that i purchased a brand new 32gb stick and created it also with unibeast - no luck - so this is not the problem or ?

greets

This might be completely unrelated, but I had issues with creating my USB stick in the first place. The EFI partition wasn't being written properly. Maybe your EFI partition is also having issues.

My fix was to repartition the usb stick as MBR and MS-DOS FAT. I'm pretty sure this kills the hidden EFI partition. After that, I reformatted as GUID and MacOS Extended to recreate a clean EFI partition.

Then I ran the installer and everything worked like it was supposed to. Maybe that will help?

I tried it . the only thing that changed is that the stickinstalation is much faster now , but its still not shown in uefi -.-

Another option: use a spare SATA hdd as the installer. Load clover and el capitan installer there and boot to it. Then install to your primary drive per the instructions. Maybe Unibeast can install to the spare hdd?

Another option: use a spare SATA hdd as the installer. Load clover and el capitan installer there and boot to it. Then install to your primary drive per the instructions. Maybe Unibeast can install to the spare hdd?

you mean i should use a little satahdd instead of the usbstick ? how should i connect the sata to my macbook ? with USb Adapter ?

i also tried yesterday to make a bootable UEFI Yosemite stick (i still have the installationapp) . this one my board is also not recognizing . but i had yosemite full running on it and also created the sticks in the same way in the past -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back