RADEON RX 5700 8G
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a dual boot system.

1. macOS Mojave
2. Windows 10

After I have booted into macOS the next time the machine restarts the UEFI boot option for clover has disappeared. I have to manually boot from a USB to add it back using the shell, or just continue to boot from a USB. Are there any steps I can take to better understand the problem so I can fix it.

Attached is my EFI folder and the nvram plist file.

Thanks,
Turt

Attachments

• EFI+nvram_plist.zip
    43.6 MB · Views: 260
You have outdated and conflicting EFI drivers. Delete apfs.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, CleanNvram.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, VerifyMsr2.efi. Replace AptioInputFix.efi with AptioInputFix-64.efi; in fact, in general, make sure all EFI drivers are from the latest version of Clover (use Rehabman's fork at https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover as the mainline version currently has a rather serious regression in SSDT merging behavior). Also, Shiki.kext is outdated, and is now part of Whatevergreen.kext; use that instead.

After I have booted into macOS the next time the machine restarts the UEFI boot option for clover has disappeared.
As the boot menu is stored in NVRAM variables, you won't succeed in making changes while the EmuVariableUEFI driver loaded. Do you even need this driver when using AptioMemoryFix? Probably not.

try delete all the boot entries
UEFI shell :
repeat the command :
bcfg boot rm 0 ; until deleted all the boot entries

My problem is that after reboot, i can only boot into Mac, there are couple windows options to select, but none of them can boot into windows successfully.

Should I reinstall windows?

You have outdated and conflicting EFI drivers. Delete apfs.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, CleanNvram.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, VerifyMsr2.efi. Replace AptioInputFix.efi with AptioInputFix-64.efi; in fact, in general, make sure all EFI drivers are from the latest version of Clover (use Rehabman's fork at https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover as the mainline version currently has a rather serious regression in SSDT merging behavior). Also, Shiki.kext is outdated, and is now part of Whatevergreen.kext; use that instead.

Thanks, cleaning up these fixed the issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back