CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, im having an issue with my Hack.
Whenever i open the trackpad pref pane it crashes.

i have a bluetooth Magic Trackpad and im using an generic USB BT adapter.
Im attaching a TXT with the full crash report.

So far i noticed that if the trackpad is not connected it doesnt crash.

It is hapening with my "iMac mini" build, details on my signature.

i changed my GPU to a Nvidia GT430

Im not sure if it is related to my problem tho.

Captura de Tela 2017-05-02 às 09.39.39.png

Attachments

• CrashReport.txt
    83.5 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Hello everyone, im having an issue with my Hack.
Whenever i open the trackpad pref pane it crashes.

i have a bluetooth Magic Trackpad and im using an generic USB BT adapter.
Im attaching a TXT with the full crash report.

So far i noticed that if the trackpad is not connected it doesnt crash.

It is hapening with my "iMac mini" build, details on my signature.

i changed my GPU to a Nvidia GT430

Im not sure if it is related to my problem tho.

View attachment 252171
I found an inconsistent serial number board id and model name caused this to happen.

Once I'd regenerated them in clover accurately with the board id and serial number matching the smbios is chosen I stopped crashing.

I found an inconsistent serial number board id and model name caused this to happen.

Once I'd regenerated them in clover accurately with the board id and serial number matching the smbios is chosen I stopped crashing.

hmm now that you mention that might be my problem, my Board Serial number was not matching my Serial Number i corrected this but the problem persists, the Board-ID was generated from Clover Configurator.

I changed that saved rebooted but the issue still persists, do i need to do something else different?

Im attaching my SMBIOS config.
Captura de Tela 2017-05-02 às 11.47.30.png

Nevermind i redone my SMBIOS and now its working thanks for the TIP.

I edited my iMac14,2 SMBIOS with a known good Board SN and system SN within Clover and it has made no difference to this SysPref TrackPad crash. I'm not at all sure this is even the issue.

I tested turning 'off' Bluetooth menu bar: IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter
Manufacturer: Broadcom -Vendor ID: 0x0A5C (2652) - Product ID: 0x21E8 (8680) (decimal)

Opened System Preferences / TrackPad section and it opened, blank obviously. With TrackPad 'off' turned BlueTooth 'on' and the BlueTooth window showed it had started searching. I activated TrackPad and after a few moments I briefly saw the TrackPad video before System Preferences crashed as before.
This points again to the Nvidia Web Driver issue.

Edits from crash report below...

Code:
Thread # Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.coremedia.player.async.0x############

Code:
previous.....
0   com.apple.IOAccelerator       	0x00007fff91d9d8ba IOAccelContextCreate + 20
1   com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb	0x00000001169082db 0x1168da000 + 189147
2   com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb	0x00000001169057a1 0x1168da000 + 178081
3   com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb	0x0000000116905983 0x1168da000 + 178563
4   com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb	0x00000001168db985 0x1168da000 + 6533
5   com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb	0x00000001168f9483 AVD_CreateAVDAccelerator + 195
continues.....

Can't really say if that's the case, but I had the same problem in my setup (Sierra). Then I googled into this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3196616?tstart=0

After changing the defaults for trackpad.lastselectedtab, the trackpad preference pane is working again.

These the commands I used in terminal (don’t know if both are required, but JIC):
defaults write config trackpad.lastselectedtab 0
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences trackpad.lastselectedtab 0

My 2¢

Can't really say if that's the case, but I had the same problem in my setup (Sierra). Then I googled into this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3196616?tstart=0

After changing the defaults for trackpad.lastselectedtab, the trackpad preference pane is working again.

These the commands I used in terminal (don’t know if both are required, but JIC):
defaults write config trackpad.lastselectedtab 0
defaults write com.apple.systempreferences trackpad.lastselectedtab 0

My 2¢
I tried this but it did nothing for my system, thanks for the info anyway.

Wondering why this thread is marked as SOLVED, doesn't seem to be?

See:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...quits-unexpectedly.221843/page-4#post-1554852
for a fix

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back