Contribute
Register

[solved] took long enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
With any change, you must provide updated "Problem Reporting" files.
I will not try to guess regarding what you're actually doing.

haha fair enough... here's the new clover folder :)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
what's wrong with the ACPI? everything worked just fine including the battery meter. I have tried booting with no patch on ACPI already (deleted both files from ACPI/patched) but no workie.

it's 4114, will try 4128 in a moment :)

what's wrong with the ACPI?

I looked at the edits done compared to ACPI/origin.
It is clear you didn't follow my guide.

I have tried booting with no patch on ACPI already (deleted both files from ACPI/patched) but no workie.

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files that represent that scenario.
(I can only comment on files you actually provide, not mythical "I tried this too" claims).

You have a bit of a messy setup there...

Try preparing a USB according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, you should verify that you're using the Clover revision you have there (r4114).
Note that current Clover on sourceforge is r4128.

I have updated Clover to the latest (r4128). So I tried installing the 2017-003 El Capitan Security update again.
It still doesn't boot at all using the updated Clover.
I have also tried creating a USB based on the guide (using r4128) and tried booting the OS using the created installer.
Still, it doesn't boot. Still stuck at the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi portion.

Here are the Clover files in the USB installer that I used.

Attachments

• CLOVER Flash Drive.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
I have updated Clover to the latest (r4128). So I tried installing the 2017-003 El Capitan Security update again.
It still doesn't boot at all using the updated Clover.
I have also tried creating a USB based on the guide (using r4128) and tried booting the OS using the created installer.
Still, it doesn't boot. Still stuck at the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi portion.

Here are the Clover files in the USB installer that I used.

Try building USB according to the guide (the EFI/Clover you attached is not per guide).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Try both with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (independently, of course).
Make sure your image of OS X is a fresh install.

Reply with "Problem Reporting" data as per FAQ.

Try building USB according to the guide (the EFI/Clover you attached is not per guide).

Try both with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (independently, of course).
Make sure your image of OS X is a fresh install.

Reply with "Problem Reporting" data as per FAQ.

Still no luck with both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
I have tested them both separately, still the OS doesn't boot up

Here is my updated CLOVER folder on usb drive (The usb installer is new since I just created it moments ago):

Attachments

• CLOVER efi.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 20427034_1800205003324752_826569863_o.jpg
    20427034_1800205003324752_826569863_o.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 72
what a pesky problem, tried a lot of stuff even booting BIOS instead of UEFI and it is frustratingly consistent... a lot of ++++++ and bam, reboot :)

seems too early in the process to be kexts or ACPI or whatever, seems to be KP while loading the kernel itself, as it does not have the chance to spit any messages.

oh well tomorrow i'll give it another shot :) and whoever finds the magic bullet pls share... gotta fix this thing by end of week otherwise reinstall as that's my traveller/beater laptop.

Still no luck with both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
I have tested them both separately, still the OS doesn't boot up

Here is my updated CLOVER folder on usb drive (The usb installer is new since I just created it moments ago):

Are you booting the installer or an already installed partition?

Are you booting the installer or an already installed partition?

I'm trying to boot the OS (in an installed partition) with the 2017-003 Security update installed (using the updated CLOVER (r4128) on my EFI partition or using the USB installer created using the guide). Both failed to boot the OS with the update installed.
The USB installer works if the update is not installed.
Is it safe to assume that the update changed something that causes an infinite boot loop? Both of my laptops (you can see in signature below) exhibit the same problem when the update is installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back