Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] T470p High Sierra USB Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
YESS!!! It works!!
Just rename config.plist (safe one) to backup.plist and rename configUSBtest.plist (with Por limit path test) to config.plist.

I always used config.plist with safe config and swith using clover options config.plist files for test (see attached screen capture)

SO ALWAYS ALL TEST on config.plist

Thanks for all your time!

USB 3.0 and big USB HS 2.0 for time machine NOW working
brill!

have you now setup your ports properly? using either USBPorts.kext or USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT-UIAC?

brill!

have you now setup your ports properly? using either USBPorts.kext or USBInjectAll.kext + SSDT-UIAC?

Now with USBInjectAll.kext and Port Limit path now I have upgraded to 24 USB devices.
Tomorrow I will work on my own USBPorts.kext.

THANKS for ALL

Now with USBInjectAll.kext and Port Limit path now I have upgraded to 24 USB devices.
Tomorrow I will work on my own USBPorts.kext.

THANKS for ALL
don't forget there is a 15 port limit. now your machine can see all the ports, you need to pop in a usb3.0 and a usb2.0 device and you will see the ports go green. after you have tested each port, set them to either internal, usb3.0 and/or usb2.0 (you may only have usb3.0) and then remove the ports that didn't light up in green. then export the usbports.kext, add the usbports.kext to clover/kexts/other, remove USBinjectall.kext and remove the port limit patches

Cursor freezes for a split second around every 2 seconds, the only change was Port Limit path. Any help?

don't forget there is a 15 port limit. now your machine can see all the ports, you need to pop in a usb3.0 and a usb2.0 device and you will see the ports go green. after you have tested each port, set them to either internal, usb3.0 and/or usb2.0 (you may only have usb3.0) and then remove the ports that didn't light up in green. then export the usbports.kext, add the usbports.kext to clover/kexts/other, remove USBinjectall.kext and remove the port limit patches

I did not do this .... it could be due to this?

Last edited:
Maybe it is stored in NVRAM.
At the Clover boot screen press F11 (or Fn+F11) to clear NVRAM - The system will restart.

Cursor is free! it works thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back