Contribute
Register

[solved] T450 DUAL Battery Status help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind... I was messing around with different SSDTs. I have generated a new one and I no longer this problem. So, it had to do with the SSDT somehow.

Hi ag6952563

can you upload your final DSDT and SSDT ? i have same laptop with you ThinkPad T450 with dual battery.
i have same problem, when i try to use your DSDT it show KP on me, so i try to following your configuration DSDT about replace notify BAT0, BAT1 and create device BATC but it's not work too.

Hi ag6952563

can you upload your final DSDT and SSDT ? i have same laptop with you ThinkPad T450 with dual battery.
i have same problem, when i try to use your DSDT it show KP on me, so i try to following your configuration DSDT about replace notify BAT0, BAT1 and create device BATC but it's not work too.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi RehabMan,

thanks for your reply.

attached..

Attachments

• Upload RehabMan.zip
    22.3 MB · Views: 103
Hi-
Please see attached SSDT, DSDT and SSDT-C.
Also here is the ACPI section of the config.plist that references them:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ACPI</key>

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>Debug</key>

<false/>

<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>

<false/>

<key>Fixes</key>

<dict>

<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>

<true/>

<key>NewWay_80000000</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>DSDT.aml</string>

<key>ReuseFFFF</key>

<false/>

</dict>

<key>DropTables</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Signature</key>

<string>DMAR</string>

</dict>

</array>

<key>SSDT</key>

<dict>

<key>DropOem</key>

<false/>

<key>Generate</key>

<true/>

<key>PluginType</key>

<integer>1</integer>

</dict>

<key>SortedOrder</key>

<array>

<string>SSDT.aml</string>

<string>SSDT-BATC.aml</string>

</array>

</dict>

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    63.9 KB · Views: 133
  • SSDT-BATC.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 188
  • ssdt.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 187
Hi RehabMan,

thanks for your reply.

attached..

Your ACPI setup is incorrect. You should have in ACPI/patched (based on ACPI/origin):
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-13.aml
SSDT-BATC.aml (for combining battery)

Also, SortedOrder is required to insure correct SSDT order.

And your DSDT.aml is not patched for battery, nor "Darwin", nor Mutex...

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hi RehabMan & ag69525653,

Thanks for reply
i try to follow DSDT ag69525653 and add SSDT-BATC too and now my battery status work perfect... :headbang:

ff8edeaf82114b508dfbdfee66864be2.png

Would like to chime in and say that I applied this patch to my T440s and it seemed to work perfectly!

Hi, Rehabman
I am trying to enable my dual battery reliably and I hope that you can help me on this. My batteries are named as BAT1 and BAT2. I tried to change them to BAT0 and BAT1 and tried to apply the patch but patch didn't show any changes to be applied. I uploaded my Original SSDT and DSDT files directly from clover, IOReg file and kexstat outputs from the terminal. BATC is loaded but I think it is not working due to some reason.Maybe because of my DSDT

Code:
bdmesg | grep BATC
3:889  0:000  Inserting table[21]:SSDT-BATC.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back