Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiFi
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, weird thing I noticed on my hackintosh (see signature). "About this mac" says "iMac (late 2015)" and that "System Report" says "MacPro 3,1"... They should be exactly the same no? That might be why I never saw the Sierra update coming (I'm still running El Cap).

I'm wondering if Clover configurator would change the thing efficiently. Does someone have an answer to that?

Hey guys, weird thing I noticed on my hackintosh (see signature). "About this mac" says "iMac (late 2015)" and that "System Report" says "MacPro 3,1"... They should be exactly the same no? That might be why I never saw the Sierra update coming (I'm still running El Cap).

I'm wondering if Clover configurator would change the thing efficiently. Does someone have an answer to that?
Attach your config.plist.

Thanx P1lgrim, yep, it says macpro 3,1 on the config.plist. How should I harmonize this? Ammulder in his guide about this exact config says with a dedicated GPU it should be macpro, and with intel integrated it should me imac 17,1... Does anyone know which sys definition is better for this config? What are the implications anyway (out of curiosity and learning)?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 188
Thanx P1lgrim, yep, it says macpro 3,1 on the config.plist. How should I harmonize this? Ammulder in his guide about this exact config says with a dedicated GPU it should be macpro, and with intel integrated it should me imac 17,1... Does anyone know which sys definition is better for this config? What are the implications anyway (out of curiosity and learning)?
This is because you have a MacPro3,1 system definition with an iMac17,1 serial number.
My guide may help you to configure your SMBIOS correctly.

Thanx P1lgrim, i'll try that ASAP. Just one last question, what definition would you recommend for this kind of build? Would it make a difference whether it's macpro or imac?
Start off with the iMac14,2 and see how you go. If it works out ok for you then no need to change.
MacPro definitions can cause problems for the unwary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back