Graphics
2X Nvidia GTX 480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So my system has snow leopard with installed but GFX is not working for some reason. I heard there was better support for the GTX 480 on Lion. So I bought the app and attempted to move to lion. I ran xMove and everything went well. When i went to boot from the installer partition it hangs. It hangs at a white screen with the :beachball: as your cursor and just sits there. Even when booting -v it still gets stuck at that screen. This is the last thing you seen in verbose before the white screen. Right at the end of the last line it says "timed out." Anyone have any ideas. I just want to code my app :|

Snow still runs when I boot it. If it is any help i have to boot snow with PCIRootUID=1, i tried that for lion, assuming i did it correctly it didnt change anything.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 182
Re: System Hangs on OS X lion install partition

xMove is outdated. Try doing a reinstall with Unibeast.

But as for the boot issue, if you have a spare harddrive, try installing on there and seeing if it works. This could tell us if it as an incompatibility or simply that NTFS error it is throwing.

I tried unibeast and it installed successfully, currently it is dual booted with snow on an only apple hdd (wd sata II caviar green 500GB.) My win7 drive is disconnect currently. But when i boot from the installed partition it still hangs. It is responsive but does not continue the load. I believe it is waiting for DsMOS to arrive (but it never does.) I'll attempt an only lion install in the mean time. (Oh and if this makes a difference chimera was running from the snow partition.) Here is a new image from where it hangs.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 173

Are you trying this with 2 GPU cards installed? If yes then try it with one installed in the PCIE slot closest to the CPU.

If there is a NTFS drive in the system, remove it and insure that your are installing to a GUID partitioned drive.

Today the Unibeast USB tool is preferred however I would think that xMove still works. In any case, boot the USB or installer with the "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" argument.

neil

I removed secondary GPU during install. And i installed Snow leopard before i installed win7. Im not sure how to check for the guid partitioning and i have tried the graphics enabler arguments and ended up in the same spot.

also
thanks for helping this geek out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back