i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm having an unusual issue.
After installing Clover, my High Sierra installation won't boot. Below is a photo of the errors it gives me:

I was able to find a partially working workaround: In the ACPI config of clover, either using FixHeaders or Drop Tables MATS allows the system to boot, but then I cannot access any USB drives that I insert (they just don't show up anywhere). Also, it all works fine if I boot Clover off of my USB installer (both booting and accessing other drives). How can I fix this so that I can both boot AND access other drives?

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H with a Core i7 4770K processor and 16GB of RAM.

Thanks in advance for any help!

The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.
@lazyrivr, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
Also, it all works fine if I boot Clover off of my USB installer (both booting and accessing other drives). How can I fix this so that I can both boot AND access other drives?
copy the EFI folder of your usb installer drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the usb drive - Now reboot and you should be able to boot without the aid of the usb drive.

Sorry for not having filled out my profile! I thought I had done that ages ago, but apparently I hadn't!

Thanks for the advice. That does appear to have made a big difference, and it appears everything is working now, though I still have a little more testing to do.

Edit: fixed a typo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back