Contribute
Register

[Solved] Surface Pro 4 BLACK SCREEN (BACKLIGHT ON)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Surface Pro 4 Intel Skylake-U Premium PCH
CPU
Intel Core i5 6300U 2.4Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD 520 2736x1824
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
@RehabMan
i7-6200U
HD520 0x19160000 0x191b0000

MacOS 13 Surface Pro 4
Installed successfully, boots with fake ig-platform-id.

Problem :
BLACK SCREEN (BACKLIGHT ON) while using correct ig-p-id, although I could work with guesses.

What I tried :
1) Enforce APLINTLGrapBuffer kext with fake id, min memory and dvmt patches
2) Lilu+GraphicsFixup+DVMT kext patches
3) Injected EDID A5,95,B5 along with 1) and 2) also seperately. I used both clover injection and displays/overrides

While doing all this I was using IGPU and Config SSDT patches.

Below attached are the
1) ioreg -l > Latest_ioreg.log
2) dmesg > latest_dmesg.log
3) Clover folder with all patches in /Patched and kext in respective 10.13 and Others folder.

My kext update doesn't show errors as I uses clover kext method.
for apple* information I think IOReg -l dump is good enough.

I applied kextcache -I / using fake ig-p-id every time I perform changes.
Note I wanted to first make sure that it works then I will move kext to local sys.

Many Thanks and Regards!!!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 107
@RehabMan
i7-6200U
HD520 0x19160000 0x191b0000

MacOS 13 Surface Pro 4
Installed successfully, boots with fake ig-platform-id.

Problem :
BLACK SCREEN (BACKLIGHT ON) while using correct ig-p-id, although I could work with guesses.

What I tried :
1) Enforce APLINTLGrapBuffer kext with fake id, min memory and dvmt patches
2) Lilu+GraphicsFixup+DVMT kext patches
3) Injected EDID A5,95,B5 along with 1) and 2) also seperately. I used both clover injection and displays/overrides

While doing all this I was using IGPU and Config SSDT patches.

Below attached are the
1) ioreg -l > Latest_ioreg.log
2) dmesg > latest_dmesg.log
3) Clover folder with all patches in /Patched and kext in respective 10.13 and Others folder.

My kext update doesn't show errors as I uses clover kext method.
for apple* information I think IOReg -l dump is good enough.

I applied kextcache -I / using fake ig-p-id every time I perform changes.
Note I wanted to first make sure that it works then I will move kext to local sys.

Many Thanks and Regards!!!

Your profile has no details on your laptop.
Please fix as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Your profile has no details on your laptop.
Please fix as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here are two reports one with 0x191b and other with 0x0196 as ig-p-id,
tried to use EDID patch in /S/L/D/C/R/O/DV-xxx correctly and with both Enject EDID true and false also with 0x9c7c as Vendor id
Nothing works!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Archive-2.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 93
I just diff my working 10.12.6 and black screen 10.13.2 ioreg dump
Found AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 connector-type <02 00 00 00> LVDS (10.13.2 black screen backlight on)
And AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 connector-type <00 04 00 00> DP (working display and acceleration)

So my surface pro 4 display is connected via LVDS, how do I patch this ???
Thanks!!

Here are two reports one with 0x191b and other with 0x0196 as ig-p-id,
tried to use EDID patch in /S/L/D/C/R/O/DV-xxx correctly and with both Enject EDID true and false also with 0x9c7c as Vendor id
Nothing works!

Thanks!

Your ACPI configuration is bugged. Attempt to disassemble your patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

You will see you have duplicate symbols:
Code:
ACPI Error: [RMP1] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Your ioreg shows the display is detected (framebuffer@0).

Backlight control is not implemented correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Here is new IOREG I fetched it does have display0 but

Found AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 connector-type <02 00 00 00> LVDS (10.13.2 black screen backlight on)
And AppleIntelFrameBuffer@0 connector-type <00 04 00 00> DP (working display and acceleration)

??

Attachments

• debug_24965.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
Here is new IOREG I fetched it does have display0 but

??

You have not fixed backlight control.

Your ACPI configuration is bugged. Attempt to disassemble your patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

You will see you have duplicate symbols:
Code:
ACPI Error: [RMP1] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Your ioreg shows the display is detected (framebuffer@0).

Backlight control is not implemented correctly.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

I have
SSDT-PNLF.aml in ACPI/patched
- AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
- AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed to /L/E

I just doesn't put 0x9c7c in config.plist for customisation.

I am sure I followed the guide 100% completely, can you pin point out my mistake??>>>??
Also for patchmatic thing, I just compiled all your patches along with DSDT with battery and instant wakeup 0x6d for skylake, thats it.

Thanks

I have
SSDT-PNLF.aml in ACPI/patched
- AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
- AppleBacklightInjector.kext installed to /L/E

I just doesn't put 0x9c7c in config.plist for customisation.

I am sure I followed the guide 100% completely, can you pin point out my mistake??>>>??
Also for patchmatic thing, I just compiled all your patches along with DSDT with battery and instant wakeup 0x6d for skylake, thats it.

Thanks

You need to fix the other things I mentioned regarding your broken ACPI configuration.
You must have a clean disassemble of patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

SSDT-PNLF.aml is not setting the correct _UID because of incorrect settings in SSDT-Config.aml..., you set BKLT (incorrectly) to 0.

You need to fix the other things I mentioned regarding your broken ACPI configuration.
You must have a clean disassemble of patchmatic -extract output: iasl -da -dl *.aml

SSDT-PNLF.aml is not setting the correct _UID because of incorrect settings in SSDT-Config.aml..., you set BKLT (incorrectly) to 0.

My SSDT-SaSsdt is conflicting with SSDT-IGPU over _DSM
What should I do ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back