Graphics
MSI GTX 650 Ti Boost
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I wanted to take advantage of a good deal through a popular online retailer. So, I picked up a Nvidia GTX 960 4GB graphics card to replace my GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB card.

The nice thing about my old card is that it has native OS X support, making installation just a little bit easier. Even so, after reading all of the instructions on how to configure a non-natively supported GPU, I felt it would be worth the trouble to upgrade.

However, according to Cinebench, the upgrade may not have been worth the cost/trouble.

The attached image shows the benchmark results, which are as follows:

1. The new GPU (GTX 960) with Nvidia Web Drivers and Cuda installed
2. GTX 650 with Nvidia Web Driver and Cuda installed
3. GTX 650 with Nvidia Web Driver Installed but no Cuda
4. GTX 650 with standard OS X drivers

The most significant jump came from the newer (better) drivers from Nvidia using the old GPU. Given the nature of the benchmark, I didn't expect Cuda to have an impact on the scores. I understand that this benchmark is somewhat limited in its testing. However, I was (maybe naively) expecting some better results with the new GPU.

When reviewing the System Information, I noticed that the GPU is showing 0MB for video memory. Any idea what might be causing this?

System Specs:
3.5Ghz Intel i7 4770k
MSI G45 Gaming Motherboard
32GB RAM
OS X 10.11.5
Clover w/Inject Nvidia

GPU Benchmark.png

System Information.png

When reviewing the System Information, I noticed that the GPU is showing 0MB for video memory. Any idea what might be causing this?

0MB VRAM usually means that Inject/Nvidia is enabled when it should be disabled.

Inject/Nvidia has to be DISABLED.

Don't use Cinebench to measure GPU Performance. It's heavily CPU bound and will report the same score for all recent GPUs. Unigine Heaven/Valley is much more meaningful.

I love you people!

I disabled Inject Nvidia and am now showing the appropriate amount of VRAM.

Thanks for the help!

GPU Info.png

I disabled Inject Nvidia and am now showing the appropriate amount of VRAM.

Hello.

Could you, please write the steps, how you managed to function GTX 960 on your hackintosh? I have MSI GeForce GTX 960 OC 4GB GDDR5, but it doesn't work. Maybe there is still a way to make it fully function?

Where exactly should I disable Inject/Nvidia? In Clover Configurator? Did you install MultiBeast? If yes, then what did you select in Grapghics Configurator there?

Thank you very much.

Hello.

Could you, please write the steps, how you managed to function GTX 960 on your hackintosh? I have MSI GeForce GTX 960 OC 4GB GDDR5, but it doesn't work. Maybe there is still a way to make it fully function?

Where exactly should I disable Inject/Nvidia? In Clover Configurator? Did you install MultiBeast? If yes, then what did you select in Grapghics Configurator there?

Thank you very much.

You must install the Nvidia web drivers that are appropriate for your version of OS X. In Clover Configurator be sure to uncheck the box next to inject Nvidia and check the box next to nvda_drv=1.

You must install the Nvidia web drivers that are appropriate for your version of OS X. In Clover Configurator be sure to uncheck the box next to inject Nvidia and check the box next to nvda_drv=1.

Thank you so much for the answer. OK, so after the OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 installation, do I necessarily need to install MultiBeast? Because everything is working ok, I have a sound and network working, only video problems. So, after OS X installation, I install the newest Nvidia web drivers, then run Clover Configurator open the needed file from ESI, make adjustments and that's it?

Thank you so much for the answer. OK, so after the OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 installation, do I necessarily need to install MultiBeast? Because everything is working ok, I have a sound and network working, only video problems. So, after OS X installation, I install the newest Nvidia web drivers, then run Clover Configurator open the needed file from ESI, make adjustments and that's it?

If everything is working then you don't need Multibeast. Multibeast is always optional, it is just a tool to make things easier for beginners. The second question is the correct process.

If everything is working then you don't need Multibeast. Multibeast is always optional, it is just a tool to make things easier for beginners. The second question is the correct process.

But after installing the Nvidia web drivers and restarting the computer, I get black screen and a note "No Singal" :(

But after installing the Nvidia web drivers and restarting the computer, I get black screen and a note "No Singal" :(

What system profile are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back