CPU
Intel i9 9900k (@ 5.1 GHz)
Graphics
Gigabyte RXVEGA64GAMING OC-8GD
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
so ya i thought getting hdmi audio on this "customac" i built from the front page was going to be easy... turns out i was wrong.

i built it to the exact specs from the front page. you know
i7 2600k
z68-ud3
and gigabyte radeon hd 6870

this graphics card is loud!!!

heres the link to it just incase you havnt seen it
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/search/label/CustoMac

this whole editing the dsdt file thing is ridiculous :crazy:

my graphics card display device doesn't show up like it says on ioreg

it shows up as pegp@1,1

heres a picture of it

6937964647_cac20a9cdc_b.jpg

anyways under pegp@1,1 it had display@0 before i edited it so thats how i knew it was the different address.

so i followed the guide found here to edit my dsdt
viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947

also the guide doesn't tell you about the pre written (6870) dsdt edit.
when in dsdtse looking at the generic DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3 file
scroll down till you see the complete 6870 edit.

but thats what you paste into your dsdt that your editing. and when you paste it paste over device pegp and edit address to 00010001

after you have successfully compiled your new dsdt.aml continue following this guide to install your edited dsdt.

viewtopic.php?f=162&t=30584

don't forget to install applehda.kext 2.1.1 from the guides part 2 or you still won't have hdmi audio

success wouldn't have been possible without KEFKA's post. also a big shout out to

idd and toleda for laying down the groundwork. thanks for answering my questions!

heres my edited dsdt for reference (or cheating haha)

dsdt.aml

deuces !!! :headbang:

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17.5 KB · Views: 210
Re: ATTEMPTING to enable HDMI AUDIO with customac z68xp-ud3/6870

Spadenation said:
so ya i thought getting hdmi audio on this "customac" i built from the front page was going to be easy... turns out i was wrong.

I'm new to this whole hackintosh thing and kind of bought this set of hardware based on the idea that id have hdmi audio working easy on osx. :(

just really want dolby digital 5.1
There is no mention of HDMI audio in that blog article. This is another compromise. You will enjoy the result but you have to make the effort to enable HDMI audio in OS X. It is not hard but it only works if done correctly.

The reason your IOReg doesn't look "right" is the HDMI audio dsdt edits have not been applied. Use this guide to edit your dsdt http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947. Good luck.

Okay so whats my display address then ? It just says 0. Can i use that instead of 1 or 3? Or is there a different program to better find the adress of my display? Thanks for the help

Spadenation said:
Okay so whats my display address then ? It just says 0. Can i use that instead of 1 or 3? Or is there a different program to better find the adress of my display? Thanks for the help
The display address is not 0 it is 1; it is PEG1@1. First edit:
DSDTSE/dsdt
Search PEG1
Replace PEGP

Paste PEGP from DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3 edit file over dsdt/PEGP as described in this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947

After the edits, IOREG will show PEGP@1 instead of PEG1@1 and display@0 will be GFX0@0. As well, HDAU@0 will be linked to GFX0.

nvm

I have a similar hardware config (Z68XP-UD3, Gigabyte Radeon 6850, OSX 10.7.3), and my HDMI port is working for graphics, but I am lost with getting the audio to work over the HDMI port. I have been working on this for two weeks, and have become quite proficient at recovering the system!! In any case, when looking in IOREG, I don't see HDAU linked to GFX0. I have made the DSDT edits as outlined and compiled/installed the patched DSDT. Looking at my ATI6000Controller with a binary editor, I see the same six lines that are specified for the Bulrushes frame buffer in the FB-amd-5xxx-6xxxv7.12.pdf file.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Screen Shot 2012-02-29 at 5.47.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-02-29 at 5.47.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-02-29 at 5.47.50 PM.png
    182.7 KB · Views: 754
Attached. Thanks!

Attachments

• Hackintosh.zip
    682 KB · Views: 102
jsnee said:
Attached. Thanks!
You are using the Bulrushes framebuffer which does not have an HDMI connector (software problem, not hardware). Your choices are 1. use the DP connector with a DP2HDMI adapter and hope the sense_id is correct or 2. Use a framebuffer with a HDMI connector in the framebuffer (Duckweed, Lotus, Gibba, etc.) and hope the sense_id is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back