Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Stuck with black screen with NVIDIA under 10.12.1. Nothing helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390-UD
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I decided to create this thread because even after reading all other threads nothing is working and I'm really stuck.

I've got a black screen issue with NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.12.1 (16B2657) drivers. Details: Sierra (16B2657), Clover with iMac 14,2 definition and GT 740 card, DVI connection. The macOS boots "ok" - it doesn't hang, I can ping it, but it just has a black screen. The only way to boot it normally is to specify "nv_disable=1". Drivers were installed and properly injected into config.plist of Clover with:

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

as described in the New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover thread. When the system is booted with nv_disable=1 the NVIDIA Web Drivers are selected/checked in the NVIDIA Driver Manager and in "About This Mac" it shows "NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 0 MB".

The "nvda_drv=1" is not present in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. However tried with it as well - same thing.

As per the [Fix] 10.12 Nvidia 2/3/4/5/6/7/9xx Series Black Screen thread I tried to change Board-ID to:

iMac 14,2: Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 (original settings)
iMac 13,2: Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4
Mac Pro 4,1: Mac-F221BEC8
Mac Pro 6,1: Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6

Again - no luck.

As per the Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems thread I tried to use method 3, but for iMac14,2 it's already set to "none".

Onboard Intel Graphics Card is disabled in BIOS.

I'm stuck and already exhausted all options. Unfortunately I cannot stay on El Capitan as I need the latest Xcode for iPhone development. Any ideas?

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back