Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Stuck with 1024x768! GA-Q77M-D2H/i5-3570k - Intel HD4000 Not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte: GA Q77M-D2H (Clover)
CPU
I5-3570K/Q77 Express
Graphics
HD4000, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have been running Maveriks and decided it was time to upgrade. Did a clean install after cloning my hard drive. High Sierra boots, but the display flickers horribly, and in the preferences no other resolutions are available. Also, it shown in the menu bar as "Connected Display: Projector."

I'm running an i5 on a GA-Q77M-D2H motherboard, using the integrated graphics with an i5 CPU. "Intel HD Graphics 4000 3 MB" is what shows up under about this Mac. Anyone have any ideas? I tried the Intel fix in multicast but it made no difference. I see options for everything except HD4XXXX. My monitor is 1920x1080 resolution.

Boot log attached if it's any help.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    34.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Been trying everything I can and I cannot get this working. I'm wondering if I need to do EDID injection, but I'm not sure how to determine the values I need. I tried just checking that option in clover for auto injection but it makes no difference. I double checked my bios, and the VRAM was set to 64M. I changed that to 1024M just in case but to no avail. :( I've never had this problem with prior installs on the same hardware, but this is my first go around with clover.

Tried EDID injection. I booted into a live Ubuntu USB where my monitor was in the correct resolution. Grabbed the EDID with read-edid | parse-edid. I didn't see any hex values for Vendor ID (ACR) and product ID. Placed the EDID with clover configurator and left the vendor and product id's empty, but no change after a reboot. The log still shows that my resolution is not available and defaults to 1024x768. I'm about ready to give up and go back to a non-clover ML. I would really appreciate any help the community can give me on this. :cry:

Finally fixed this by creating the installer through the command line rather than using unibeast. Installer booted up with full resolution and so did the HD after installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back