Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck on the Apple Logo (At the installation + No progress bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370-A-Pro
CPU
i3-8350K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello

I have a problem. I am doing this mini-project of 'reviving' my old computer and using the MacOS operating system for it. Now here's the thing: I know that the motherboard and the CPU are old (see specs down below) but I am using a GT640 as my main GPU and I use an SSD. Basically two new components into one old hunk of a junk motherboard.

These are the specs:
ASUS P5LD2-SE
Intel Core 2 6600 2.40 GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM (Gonna get another 2GB asap as upgrade)
ASUS GeForce GT640 2GB
Kingston SSD 120GB

As I stated earlier, the motherboard and the CPU are both old I'm not even sure if it will be able to run the operating system, though I would like to see the possibility of letting it work on it. I did the verbose mode, however it was stuck on the white dash and nothing came afterwards.

So the question I am stuck with is, how do I get this thing to work and will it even run on the old system + Do I have to use Clover or is there still an alternative?

Hello

I have a problem. I am doing this mini-project of 'reviving' my old computer and using the MacOS operating system for it. Now here's the thing: I know that the motherboard and the CPU are old (see specs down below) but I am using a GT640 as my main GPU and I use an SSD. Basically two new components into one old hunk of a junk motherboard.

These are the specs:
ASUS P5LD2-SE
Intel Core 2 6600 2.40 GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM (Gonna get another 2GB asap as upgrade)
ASUS GeForce GT640 2GB
Kingston SSD 120GB

As I stated earlier, the motherboard and the CPU are both old I'm not even sure if it will be able to run the operating system, though I would like to see the possibility of letting it work on it. I did the verbose mode, however it was stuck on the white dash and nothing came afterwards.

So the question I am stuck with is, how do I get this thing to work and will it even run on the old system + Do I have to use Clover or is there still an alternative?
Sierra requires a processor with SSE 4, best check if your processor supports that, if not, then you can only install up to El Capitan

Sierra requires a processor with SSE 4, best check if your processor supports that, if not, then you can only install up to El Capitan
Ah damn... Well I just checked and it doesn't support SSE4 unfortunately. It only goes up to SSE3. Might as well get El Capitan instead. The OS is only just a year or so behind and to be honest, I think it's more stable then the current one in Hackintosh terms.

Well I got some good news at least. It's able to load with El Capitan, but it always restarts at the beginning point. I booted into verbose mode and saw something about PCI Configuration. So I used the NPCI=x2000 at first, but that didn't work. Then I put the '0' before the 'x' in the flag, but that didn't work either. I tried to use 3000 as well in the NPCI, but again no luck. I even tried to use GraphicsEnabler=No but even that didn't work.

At the moment I have no clue what I gotta do. When I was able to get passed the PCI Configuration by using the NPCI flag only, I got this system uptime in nanoseconds and a couple of numbers after so at least that is some progress...I think.

Anyway, I really could use some help into this. Trying to revive an old PC running Mac OS X ain't easy obviously, but it's worth the try.

EDIT: Perhaps this thread has to move to El Capitan forum as it would be a bit easier for those who want to help.

Well I got some good news at least. It's able to load with El Capitan, but it always restarts at the beginning point. I booted into verbose mode and saw something about PCI Configuration. So I used the NPCI=x2000 at first, but that didn't work. Then I put the '0' before the 'x' in the flag, but that didn't work either. I tried to use 3000 as well in the NPCI, but again no luck. I even tried to use GraphicsEnabler=No but even that didn't work.

At the moment I have no clue what I gotta do. When I was able to get passed the PCI Configuration by using the NPCI flag only, I got this system uptime in nanoseconds and a couple of numbers after so at least that is some progress...I think.

Anyway, I really could use some help into this. Trying to revive an old PC running Mac OS X ain't easy obviously, but it's worth the try.
GraphicsEnabler=No doesn't work on clover, nv_disable=1 does

i assume your BIOS settings have been setup correctly? and fast boot and secure boot disabled?

GraphicsEnabler=No doesn't work on clover, nv_disable=1 does

i assume your BIOS settings have been setup correctly? and fast boot and secure boot disabled?

Well since my motherboard dates back from the 'good o'l days' (to be more specific back from 2006), it doesn't support fast boot and secure boot. Though there's this option 'Quick Boot' which I just disabled, but no luck in that. Then we have the Vanderpool Technology (AKA Virtualization), I disabled that but it didn't help with that either.

Well since my motherboard dates back from the 'good o'l days' (to be more specific back from 2006), it doesn't support fast boot and secure boot. Though there's this option 'Quick Boot' which I just disabled, but no luck in that. Then we have the Vanderpool Technology (AKA Virtualization), I disabled that but it didn't help with that either.
just searched and have found this post:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-b85m-g-el-capitan-install.181414/

maybe this may help?

Oh sorry, I may have forgot to mention the specs properly. The motherboard you posted about is from my main PC. The one I am on about is the ASUS P5LD2-SE. Again sorry for the confusion.
please update your hardware profile accordingly as per rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back