Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
  2. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone,

I decided to try to take my El Capitan install with Clover up to High Sierra since I had heard that it's easier to update with clover. I downloaded High Sierra from the store and used this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/ and put the new apfs.efi and downloaded a new FakeSMC kext and put them in "other". After that, I couldn't boot to high sierra's install, so I had to turn on the FixHeaders option in clover. I made it through the initial boot where High Sierra installed, and then it restarted and put me back to my clover, where I had the FileVault and PreBoot options. I tried both of those first-- and that may have been my problem. Neither of them worked. So I went for my regular MacOS drive. It shows the Apple icon for a quick second and then restarts. I tried messing with the nvidia bootflags but that seems to do nothing, and I don't think it would matter since my GTX 760 card is supposed to work natively. Does anyone know what to do based on the screen i get before the kernal panic? I'm really stuck. I'm not sure if it's choosing to try to boot into the wrong options in clover, or the fact that I skipped Sierra.

I fortunately have a backup so I can edit the clover config file and drop in any kexts as needed from my other macOS boot.

Let me know if you have any suggestions-- hopefully that screenshot of where I kernel panic is a common error.

Thanks so much for the help in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 170
Let me know if you have any suggestions

EvOreboot.kext is incompatible with High Sierra

EvO.png

Incidentally, you should not need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext either.

video of the kernel panic

put the new apfs.efi and downloaded a new FakeSMC kext and put them in "other".
Since config.plist has to use CLOVER/drivers.64UEFI and CLOVER/kexts/Other and also BIOS options, uploading the config.plist alone may not be enough to find the cause of the problem. The other two variables also must be available to find the real problem.
  • Please provide the CLOVER folder as compressed and list your BIOS options for the current boot.

Since config.plist has to use CLOVER/drivers.64UEFI and CLOVER/kexts/Other and also BIOS options, uploading the config.plist alone may not be enough to find the cause of the problem. The other two variables also must be available to find the real problem.
  • Please provide the CLOVER folder as compressed and list your BIOS options for the current boot.

How do I list the BIOS options? is there a way to upload them or should I just read through them and list individually?

How do I list the BIOS options? is there a way to upload them or should I just read through them and list individually?
take pictures and upload here

As previously stated (Post #2) and confirmed by your video :

EvO.png

EvOreboot.kext is incompatible with High Sierra and must be removed.

EvOreboot.kext is incompatible with High Sierra

View attachment 317574

Incidentally, you should not need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext either.

This turned out to be the correct answer. I used the recovery partition and then the terminal to list all of the files in S/L/E and sure enough, EvOreboot was in there. Deleted it (was unable to use sudo, so I just used regular rm -R) and now i'm all set!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back