CPU
3.59 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 4096 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to update from Yosemite to sierra, first I attempted to just update the OS by following the guide, I was able to start from the USB, but when I tried to install multibeast I would get a failed message, so I decided to just wipe my HD and do a fresh install. Everything seemed to work, I'm still able to boot from the USB but when I try and start from the internal HD it just gets to the screen with the apple logo and then loading bar, but never loads. Has anyone had this issue before? Any help is greatly appreciated I feel so lost.

I am trying to update from Yosemite to sierra, first I attempted to just update the OS by following the guide, I was able to start from the USB, but when I tried to install multibeast I would get a failed message, so I decided to just wipe my HD and do a fresh install. Everything seemed to work, I'm still able to boot from the USB but when I try and start from the internal HD it just gets to the screen with the apple logo and then loading bar, but never loads. Has anyone had this issue before? Any help is greatly appreciated I feel so lost.
moved to desktop support

but when I try and start from the internal HD it just gets to the screen with the apple logo and then loading bar, but never loads.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Hey BreBo thanks for the response. I've attached the Boot Screen.

Attachments

• IMG_5508.JPG
    IMG_5508.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Try to disable USB3 in the BIOS.

For some reason my bios has become password protected, I don't ever remember enabling this but when I try to open it, it prompts me for a password. Is there any way to disable this?

Thanks! That worked. I reset my bios and then I "Loaded Optimized Defaults" and went in to "Integrated Peripherals" and Disabled: "R_USB30 Controller" and "L_USB30 Controller" is that correct? Afterwards I restarted and it got about half way through loading and then a circle with a cross through it showed up. I rebooted in verbose mode, and here's what it came up with. The first still (IMG_5509) it hung on for several seconds and then the second one came up. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.JPG
    IMG_5510.JPG
    873.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5509.JPG
    IMG_5509.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 70
Thanks! That worked. I reset my bios and then I "Loaded Optimized Defaults" and went in to "Integrated Peripherals" and Disabled: "R_USB30 Controller" and "L_USB30 Controller" is that correct? Afterwards I restarted and it got about half way through loading and then a circle with a cross through it showed up. I rebooted in verbose mode, and here's what it came up with. The first still (IMG_5509) it hung on for several seconds and then the second one came up. Thanks again for your help.

Wait nevermind I had to change the settings in Bios to AHCI and now it started!!!! The only thing left is that it's not recognizing my ethernet or wireless, should I install something through multibeast? Thank you so much for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back