Contribute
Register

[solved] Stuck at "kextd stall[n], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'", Can not enter system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Y450A-PEI / GM45
CPU
Inte Core 2 Duo P8700
Graphics
NVIDIA Geforce GT 240M, 512MB
Hi All,

I did try to use search for help, but all not works for my case, I had tried 1)Drop the SSDT table, 2)Put only FakeSMC under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to boot up the system, 3)pull out the Clover usb after start the system(In this method, after kextd stall[3] came out, my laptop will reboot, not like the case below which my Clover USB still plug in), 4)Use the latest Clover version(Because I start to install 10.3.3 these days, so till now r4411 is the latest, should I use a older version for a try?)

My laptop used to run on Mac OSX 10.8, I do a clean installation of 10.13.3 by Clover USB disk, the Clover created by Bootdisk Utility under windows, I install 10.13.3 in single HDD with GPT format, that means only Mac OSX installed in my laptop.

Here is my hardware information:
Lenovo Y450A-PEI
P8700/GM45
GT240M, 1366x768
ALC269

I use A/C adapter to power my laptop, the battery not able to charge power any more and I take it out. When the screen show 'Unsupported CPU for reporter', I see the HDD light stop blinking, I press the CAPLCK no response, then after several mins AppleACPICPU logs came out, from [0] to [3] took about half of hour, then next few seconds the gray screen came out, I can see the pointer, but again I press the CAPLCK no response, neither the trackpad nor USB mouse, after 10 mins, screen go black just like power off, but the power light still on, HDD light not blinking since 'Unsupported CPU for reporter' log came out.

Appreciating any helps on it, or any other information I should provide please let me know, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 310
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9,379
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 8,710
  • misc.zip
    4 KB · Views: 192
Hi All,

I did try to use search for help, but all not works for my case, I had tried 1)Drop the SSDT table, 2)Put only FakeSMC under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to boot up the system, 3)pull out the Clover usb after start the system(In this method, after kextd stall[3] came out, my laptop will reboot, not like the case below which my Clover USB still plug in), 4)Use the latest Clover version(Because I start to install 10.3.3 these days, so till now r4411 is the latest, should I use a older version for a try?)

My laptop used to run on Mac OSX 10.8, I do a clean installation of 10.13.3 by Clover USB disk, the Clover created by Bootdisk Utility under windows, I install 10.13.3 in single HDD with GPT format, that means only Mac OSX installed in my laptop.

Lenovo Y450A-PEI
P8700/GM45
GT240M, 1366x768
ALC269

I use A/C adapter to power my laptop, the battery not able to charge power any more and I take it out. When the screen show 'Unsupported CPU for reporter', I see the HDD light stop blinking, I press the CAPLCK no response, then after several mins AppleACPICPU logs came out, from [0] to [3] took about half of hour, then next few seconds the gray screen came out, I can see the pointer, but again I press the CAPLCK no response, neither the trackpad nor USB mouse, after 10 mins, screen go black just like power off, but the power light still on, HDD light not blinking since 'Unsupported CPU for reporter' log came out.

Appreciating any helps on it, or any other information I should provide please let me know, thanks in advance.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

You have config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=No. So no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other will be injected... so no FakeSMc.kext.

Why do you think you should be able to boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext?

I had been tried to use nv_disable=1, but it not works.

3.jpg
then I follow up below steps:
  • in APCI tab: uncheck APSN/APLF/PluginType; check Generate P-States and Generate C-State and uncheck drop SSDT tables.
  • in CPU tab: uncheck C2/C4/C6
  • in SMBIOS: select profile then MacBookPro6,1
  • in Graphics tab: check "Inject nVidia" and "Inject EDID"
4.jpg
And still not working....

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

You have config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=No. So no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other will be injected... so no FakeSMc.kext.

Why do you think you should be able to boot macOS without FakeSMC.kext?

Very appreciating your help... I'm been using 10.8 for a long time in chameleon and here is the first time I use Clover( and the config.list is from someone successfully install the High Sierra on Y450 and I not sure why his config.plist not set this parameter)
And now I can enter the system, issue resolved, thanks a lot again.

I had been tried to use nv_disable=1, but it not works.

View attachment 321510
then I follow up below steps:
  • in APCI tab: uncheck APSN/APLF/PluginType; check Generate P-States and Generate C-State and uncheck drop SSDT tables.
  • in CPU tab: uncheck C2/C4/C6
  • in SMBIOS: select profile then MacBookPro6,1
  • in Graphics tab: check "Inject nVidia" and "Inject EDID"
View attachment 321512
And still not working....

Read post #2.

Read post #2.
Yeah, I was preparing the post not aware you already replied, thanks again, I'm working on rest of the settings on HDA and backlight.

Very appreciating your help... I'm been using 10.8 for a long time in chameleon and here is the first time I use Clover( and the config.list is from someone successfully install the High Sierra on Y450 and I not sure why his config.plist not set this parameter)
And now I can enter the system, issue resolved, thanks a lot again.

Marked solved.

Hi All,

Lenovo Y450A-PEI
P8700/GM45
GT240M, 1366x768
ALC269

Please, i need more details on this. What did you exactly do. I am 10 day's busy trying to solve this problem. I can only boot MacOs with the IntelGTX 0x12345678 number in Devices. 1 time it booted correct without IntelGTX and my VRAM GPU WAS FIXED!!! But the second time and times after that i got this same error. And the IntelGTX number needs to be empty for the VRAM to work, so this is really frustrating.

Can you help me with this please? Instruct me please in what you did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back