Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the new EFI. During boot from Mojave it ran past the previous stuck-point. At some point it just rebooted. Tried twice and also tried to boot again from the Installer, same result, rebooted when expected to go into install screen.

Please try this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 373
Please try this one.
Hi Pastrychef,

Thanks for all your efforts so far. Much appreciated.

Current status and changes I noted:
1 - different version of Clover
2 - much improved boot speed
3 - now able to read last verbose line before (unfortunately) reboot issue again: @kec.corecrypto 1.0
4 - as said it then goes into reboot again

I also just realised that there might be some extra information I need to share. I shared it in a previous post, but not in this one. Not sure if it makes a difference. If it does, then my apologies for the omission.

- While a MSI Radeon RX570 Armor 8GB OC is in the build, I currently have my (HDMI) monitor hooked up to the iGFX (UHD630). In EUFI, settings are for primary graphics the onboard.
- I have disabled all but the 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back of my build, as I understand that USB 3.0/3.1 can be an issue. Figured I'd start fixing that when I have the basics up and running.

Hi Pastrychef,

Thanks for all your efforts so far. Much appreciated.

Current status and changes I noted:
1 - different version of Clover
2 - much improved boot speed
3 - now able to read last verbose line before (unfortunately) reboot issue again: @kec.corecrypto 1.0
4 - as said it then goes into reboot again

I also just realised that there might be some extra information I need to share. I shared it in a previous post, but not in this one. Not sure if it makes a difference. If it does, then my apologies for the omission.

- While a MSI Radeon RX570 Armor 8GB OC is in the build, I currently have my (HDMI) monitor hooked up to the iGFX (UHD630). In EUFI, settings are for primary graphics the onboard.
- I have disabled all but the 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back of my build, as I understand that USB 3.0/3.1 can be an issue. Figured I'd start fixing that when I have the basics up and running.

Yes, instead of editing your EFI, I decided to just give you the generic Z390 EFI folder that I created.

No no no... If you have a discrete video card installed, you MUST connect your monitor to the video card and NOT the motherboard.

In BIOS, primary display should be set to the discrete video card.

Also, in config.plist, change your system definition to iMac18,3.

Yes, instead of editing your EFI, I decided to just give you the generic Z390 EFI folder that I created.

No no no... If you have a discrete video card installed, you MUST connect your monitor to the video card and NOT the motherboard.

Ok. Back to the RX570 it is!

And I'll try changing the system definition.

Keep you posted.

Update: You are officially my hero! I just finished the actual install. MacOS desktop shining like brand new. Time for some post-installation activitities. Onwards with the guide. Thanks a million, once again.

Last edited:
One more question to add. There seems to be a bit of controversy (on the forums) about whether to erase the (M.2) drive in your build to APFS or not. Currently it is in my case. Can I leave that or do you advice to rerun the process and going to regular (journaled)?

One more question to add. There seems to be a bit of controversy (on the forums) about whether to erase the (M.2) drive in your build to APFS or not. Currently it is in my case. Can I leave that or do you advice to rerun the process and going to regular (journaled)?

No. Don't go back to HFS+ if you are on Mojave. You are just going to make life difficult for yourself for no reason.

If Apple can ship millions of Macs with APFS, it's stable.

No. Don't go back to HFS+ if you are on Mojave. You are just going to make life difficult for yourself for no reason.

If Apple can ship millions of Macs with APFS, it's stable.
I'll agree to that. And as my update said, it's working. The old adagium counts in Hackintosh world too I assume: if it ain't broken ..."

Thank you.
This solved my problem. I tried decoupling the dGPU, because I knew Intel graphics is better supported than AMD. Putting the dGPU back on and also in the BIOS, and it booted right up!

You're a legend! :)

MSI Z370A-PRO
Intel i3-8100
RX 580 8GB

Guys pretty easy solution out there(worked for me):
Just unplug your second monitor if you have one

I'm running into this same error...have had a variety of errors and not booting last few days. Attached the latest config I've tried and the screenshot from where it stops
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 15.24.01 .png

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back