Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stuck at End RandomSeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have this laptop with mac os high sierra working perfect... but you have to use this 10.13.6 build 17G2112, the normal build 17G65 it doesn't work with this laptop, because when you tried to inject Kabylake id's it works but you have black screen, and Coffee Lake id's doesn't work...

The 10.13.6 build 17G2112 has native Coffee Lake 8750H UHD 630, and the ig-platform 0x3E9B0000 and the Fake id 0x3E9B8086 works perfect... even I have external display through the usb-c type c with a hdmi converter and even 4K with a display port converter... the hdmi por doesn't work because is linked to the Geforce GTX and the dgpu doesn't work... you have just to follow this instrucctions to get this build mac high sierra version in this post...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/

and in the same post you can check my Dell G7 7588 working like a charm because I shared some pics...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/posts/1780458/

Even today I updated to the commplementary update for the Coffee Lake Macbook Pros for 10.13.6 the build number is right now 17G2208, and I could updated with no problems... And you can use the MacBookPro15,2 smbios, but you have to use the lastest Clover 4617 and with the Lastest clover configurator you can set the smbios... I recommend you to use AptioMemoryFix it works better....

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/files/Installer/

https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/

Other important thing don't forget to check in Clover Configurator DellSMBIOSPatch, otherwise the laptop works without that really weird the usb doesn't inject and other stuff works really weird... and the 10.13.6 usb port limit patch is neccesary, too...
Did your installer crash in the middle of the installation? Mine still crash. If you don't mind, could you share your BIOS settings and your Clover EFI partition?

Last edited:
First at all try the installation with the Mac OS 10.13.6 build 17G2112, and we can talk later with all the settings I told you in the post, you don't say what build are you using and I assume that you are using the normal build and not the Coffee Lake Mobile build... And nobody will be able to help you if in this machines with this processors you are not using the right build of mac os high sierra...

And don't forget to config in clover Configurator DellSMBIOSPatch...
I did what you told me. I removed the standard build, downloaded build 17G2112 then created a new USB installer, set fakeID to 0x3E9B8086 and ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0000 and checked the DellSMBIOS patch in Clover Configurator too.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 126
  • vlcsnap-2018-07-30-20h53m40s063.png
    vlcsnap-2018-07-30-20h53m40s063.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
and you have to use the 10.13.6 usb port limit patch in order to inject usb, in your old config.plist you are using KabyLake patches, drop them all, we are using Coffee Lake Framebuffer, this patches will not work at all.
Is this USB patch correct?
macOS Sierra-2018-07-30-23-02-22.png

Also, do I still need USBInjectAll.kext?

I switched from RAID to AHCI and it still crash at around 75%.
Did you install macOS on SSD or HDD?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
I checked your config.plist and there is some data missing... I recommend you to install clover in a flash memory, and this clean config.plist use it for your laptop... there is some stuff like Drop Tables are missing in your config.plist... in Devices USB has to have Inject, Add Clock ID and Fix Ownership selected too..

Normally I don't share my config.plist but make a try, because I am always cleaning the file, I don't like to use others people config files, normally they put a lot of garbage in the files (even me of course trying to make the laptop works in the first attemps), right now I think is a bit clean, but is not implemented a correct Brightness control, I still don't fix the ACPI, the correct USB injection, and in my computer I already cleanned to completely disable the Nvidia dGPU, because I use a eGPU and it is totally necessary to disable the dGPU, if after this it doesn't work believe me you are doing something really wrong...
It crashed again. I discovered that the Installer kept a log so I uploaded it here for you.

Update: tried disabling APFS conversation using this guide doesn't work. It went to 100%, rebooted then error -110 appears again.

Attachments

• ia.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 77
  • EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
  • Log (APFS disabled).zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
To be honest at this point I am unable to help you, I gave you even my config.plist and is the one I am using right now for my laptop (I am writing this with my Dell 7588 with mac os)... but I am really curious how you downloaded the Coffee Lake mac os high sierra build... because you have to use the laptop to download the mac os version and the recovery partition have to be loaded with the machine... Anyway try your best (because with all the information you have right now believe you are really close to get you machine working) and good luck...
Guess I'll wait for Mojave then. Thank you anyway.

You can try the beta, I actually tested before even when this laptops with this type of processors didn't work very well with Mac OS, and it worked. With the native support in MAc Os High sierra the installation is right now simple and native... If you can't do it with this build... believe me with mac os mojave it will be the same because it will be the same steps to config the machine (I already tried the mojave beta 4 because it has the native support for the coffee lake mobile processors and the installation process is the same as the actual high sierra tested 100%)... so you have to keep trying don't give up and check where are you making the mistake, because in mojave it will not make a difference (probably even it would be more difficult)... update your bios because you didn't mention nothing about that...

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/g-series-15-7588-laptop/drivers

And disabling apfs conversion it will no difference too, it is not necessary, my machines is installed in a nvme ssd in apfs and is working just perfect... check your bios settings... Drives in ahci... bios up to date... Secure boot disabled... Thunderbolt settings in no security and all options checked... is the bios settings I have right now but with the bios version 1.3.0... And of course make your usb booteable right... because even the machine works with old mac os high sierra version if you start you igpu in vesa mode (with ig-platform with number 12345678)... with another smbios different than macbookpro15,2 (I always use as starting point the macbookair6,2 smbios)...
Well, my BIOS is updated to 1.3.0 too. SATA operation is in AHCI mode. Secure boot is disabled already. I suspect the SSD (Micron 1100 SATA 256GB) could be the reason because I couldn't format partition to APFS using Disk Utility (currently, I'm using Windows 10 on SSD so I shrank 60GB for installing macOS). Does your config come with the same SSD as mine?

Man, you can't do thatttt!!! you can't install mac os if Windows is installed first, because MAc OS uses a MBR/GPT+Hybrid partition system, that is not compatible with Windows installed before... you have to make a total clean installation of mac os on the entire disk, later you can install windows if you shrink your drive and left some free space for windows, but not backwards... Even after you install mac os with its hybrid partition table, when you install windows, the partition table converts to a totall GPT table and you can't even format mac os partition until you delete all the windows partitions (and osx can convert again the partition table to hybrid mbr/gpt), even you can't delete the windows partition from osx, you have to use the windows installer to do that, because the partition system is not compatible with osx, that happens when you install mac osx and windows in the same disk, but always first osx and later windows. If you mac os fail and you need to format and reinstall with windows installed in the same disk, you can't keep you windows installation because the mac partition doesn't format and you have to delete the entire disk, and reinstall mac os and windows...

That is why you installation is failing!!!, this laptop has two drives, I installed mac os in the nvme (or ssd) and windows in the hdd (because I use Win for games), the way you are trying to install mac os is totally wrong!!!. Why didn't you tried mac os at least in the other hard driver? is like basic sense to try at least in a external hdd (because it works, I always tried intallation in usb hdd before setting in my hard drives, but of course formating the entire usb hdd disk, if I have data I need to backup before final installation)...
That's strange. I installed macOS (El Capitan) after Windows back when I was using my old desktop and it worked without any issue. I will try it later and see if it works.

Update: it worked. Thanks!

Last edited:
That's strange. I installed macOS (El Capitan) after Windows back when I was using my old desktop and it worked without any issue. I will try it later and see if it works.

Update: it worked. Thanks!
Hi! Have you successfully installed high sierra on your dell g7 ? Do you have any problems? I'm currently having sleep issue on this laptop. Screen, hard drive and cpu is turned off but the keyboard lights is still on everytime I try to sleep the laptop. I've implemented every SSDT hotpatch needed for macOS (power management, battery status, dgpu disabled, igpu, audio, backlight + brightness controls, usb ports are all working). I wonder if you have the same issue. Attached my clover folder in case you want to take a look at it.

Attachments

• CLOVER-DellG7.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 182
Hi! Have you successfully installed high sierra on your dell g7 ? Do you have any problems? I'm currently having sleep issue on this laptop. Screen, hard drive and cpu is turned off but the keyboard lights is still on everytime I try to sleep the laptop. I've implemented every SSDT hotpatch needed for macOS (power management, battery status, dgpu disabled, igpu, audio, backlight + brightness controls, usb ports are all working). I wonder if you have the same issue. Attached my clover folder in case you want to take a look at it.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back