Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model name > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 570
Hey folks, running into an issue here that I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I was looking to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra. Currently everything worked in Sierra - no problems at all. Decided to initiate the upgrade, and followed the HFS+ installation route.

When I ran the install (using the command line), it rebooted, then when I selected the install directory, blank screen. Restarted, chose the old Sierra drive, black screen. I then tried to use my cloned drive from before I even started the process - black screen. No apple logo after Clover.

I've tried doing nv_disabled=1 in the boot argument, but same result. I then tried to see if I could get anything at all if I went back and used the integrated graphics - same results.

When I load in -v, all it loads is:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and stops there.

Where the heck do I go from here? It seems like it won't even get back in from the old drive that was cloned of the working system??

Here's my setup on what I'm working on:

Intel Skylake i7
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
NVIDIA 950 GTX

Thanks for the fast reply! I completely missed that post looking through the upgrade replies.

I just followed that guide and I definitely got somewhere - it's loading now into the new install. Fingers cross!

Again thanks so much for the quick post.

Thanks for the fast reply! I completely missed that post looking through the upgrade replies.

I just followed that guide and I definitely got somewhere - it's loading now into the new install. Fingers cross!

Again thanks so much for the quick post.

How'd it end up? I think I might be dealing with a similar problem.

How'd it end up? I think I might be dealing with a similar problem.
Hi, Paperclipbender, if your issue is like xheathen's above then BreBo's reply should be right. If it's something more, then the post of mine that you liked and the ones after (#36 #37 #38 #39 #40) could be helpful. By the way, the GTX 760 is natively supported in macOS, but the web drivers apparently improve the functioning, see #31 #33.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back