Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z270N-WIFI
CPU
Intel Core I7 7700k
Graphics
MSI RX 560 AERO ITX 4G
Ok so I'm a little stuck after Installing Sierra to my SSD. I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-200-series-with-kabylake-processor.218494/. I feel like I followed it pretty well. I was able to get Sierra installed onto my SSD. Rebooted choosing by bootable usb again and chose the SSD in clover. I am able to boot into Sierra from there. However I am not able to finish the process. My Ethernet will not work and nothing but my "USB" partition is visible. So I can't download multibeast and I cant see any other drives plugged into the computer. Just that one partition.

I am still new to all of this so I'm kind of fuzzy on all the "Kext" stuff. But I followed this step: "Move USBInjectAll.kext & XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to USB’s EFI partition /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other."

Should I have included more kexts than just these two before installation?.. I guess the only bad thing about these guides is that they don't tell you exactly when in the process you're going to need all of the files they tell you to download.

Any help is appreciated as I am unable to move forward in the process with my current knowledge of how this all works.

UPDATE: Got Ethernet working, but I figured out the only way I can even boot up is in safe mode. And I believe that may be why I cannot see my SSD? I tried using MultiBeast, and it can't seem to mount an EFI partition. Fails every time.

Anyone know how I can solve this?

UPDATE #2: Ok so I am figuring that the reason I can get nothing to work is because I'm in safe mode.

I did the ENTIRE process over again and cannot seem to get it to boot without being in safe mode (I have not tried safe mode since redoing everything therefore I have not even finished the installation process).

I am using boot flags dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

It hangs after the following lines:

[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Anyone know what I could be doing wrong here? Are there some different boot flags I should be using? (I have tried many different ones) I feel like this has something to do with graphics drivers

Last edited:
Ok so I'm a little stuck after Installing Sierra to my SSD. I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...on-200-series-with-kabylake-processor.218494/. I feel like I followed it pretty well. I was able to get Sierra installed onto my SSD. Rebooted choosing by bootable usb again and chose the SSD in clover. I am able to boot into Sierra from there. However I am not able to finish the process. My Ethernet will not work and nothing but my "USB" partition is visible. So I can't download multibeast and I cant see any other drives plugged into the computer. Just that one partition.

I am still new to all of this so I'm kind of fuzzy on all the "Kext" stuff. But I followed this step: "Move USBInjectAll.kext & XHCI-200-series-injector.kext to USB’s EFI partition /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other."

Should I have included more kexts than just these two before installation?.. I guess the only bad thing about these guides is that they don't tell you exactly when in the process you're going to need all of the files they tell you to download.

Any help is appreciated as I am unable to move forward in the process with my current knowledge of how this all works.

You are using a RX560 graphics card? If so, have you included Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in your USB stick's EFI partition in the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder? These 2 kext files are necessary for the RX560 to work.

You are using a RX560 graphics card? If so, have you included Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in your USB stick's EFI partition in the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder? These 2 kext files are necessary for the RX560 to work.
Side note: I have been able to fully install sierra using integrated graphics.

And I have tried using these two kexts, but they don't seem to be working for me. is there something I need to do regarding the intel graphics before these will work? Or might they simply not be loading?

I figured it out. I was trying to put the kexts onto an efi partition on the actual hard drive and not the bootable USB. I booted from the usb into my ssd where Sierra was installed, used clover configurator to mount the efi partition onto the usb, and placed the kexts in there. Then ran multibeast over again this time selecting the AMD graphics instead of intel and boom. working fine now.

Please consider this thread sloved.

Thanks for the help Jamesbond007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back