Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5-EU
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Morning Rehabman,

thanks to you I could migrate my hackintosh build (10.11.6) from a samsung 850 evo to a 960 evo. Everything works smooth and fine, but since the migration after login it loads constantly 3 png files with Viewer (from a programm I once installed but never used) to the desktop. Not a big issue but disturbing. I unchecked "open all windows" from the shutdown options btw.

A bigger issue is that I dont have sound on my monitor via displayport adapter, which worked fine before migration. Any help with that would be very fine. On external speakers connected to the motherboard everything works good.

Even after moving these files to trash they reappear after reboot. I think I might have shutdown issues

it says while shutdown:

"
syncing disks... Killing all processes

continuing
Unmount of /home failed (45)
Unmount of /net failed (45)
hfs: unmount initiated on MyHackintoshbuild on device unknown device
done
CPU halted
"

btw the serial controller in my bios is disabled (gigabyte Z170)
Also the sleep mode does not seem to work, which i do not use, but just for info

Thanks and have a nice day

Last edited:
Morning Rehabman,

thanks to you I could migrate my hackintosh build (10.11.6) from a samsung 850 evo to a 960 evo. Everything works smooth and fine, but since the migration after login it loads constantly 3 png files with Viewer (from a programm I once installed but never used) to the desktop. Not a big issue but disturbing. I unchecked "open all windows" from the shutdown options btw.

A bigger issue is that I dont have sound on my monitor via displayport adapter, which worked fine before migration. Any help with that would be very fine. On external speakers connected to the motherboard everything works good.

Even after moving these files to trash they reappear after reboot. I think I might have shutdown issues

it says while shutdown:

"
syncing disks... Killing all processes

continuing
Unmount of /home failed (45)
Unmount of /net failed (45)
hfs: unmount initiated on MyHackintoshbuild on device unknown device
done
CPU halted
"

btw the serial controller in my bios is disabled (gigabyte Z170)
Also the sleep mode does not seem to work, which i do not use, but just for info

Thanks and have a nice day

Off-topic.

Good morning,

which part is off topic ?

these issues came immediately after I followed your instructions and werent there before, the thing with the viewer I can live with but I thought maybe you have an explanation how to get rid of it.

the issue with the non working audio might be related to this part in your instructions:
Instead, make sure you removed the _DSM at the path (or renamed to XDSM) in your patched DSDT (or patched SSDTs) at ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml. Typically, this would be done by applying "Remove _DSM methods", or "Rename _DSM methods to XDSM" as per my laptop ACPI patching guide.

Any help with that would be appreciated, I enclosed a screenshot of my EFI, and my modified DSDT,aml so you could look at the things I am using.

If you find this is off topic, would you still mind to address me some help in these matter.

And sorry for my bad english

Regards

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-17 um 08.55.49.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-17 um 08.55.49.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DSDT.aml
    138.7 KB · Views: 92
Good morning,

which part is off topic ?

The issues you describe having nothing to do with low level things like NVMe.
Perhaps you should do a fresh install.
And at least you should open a separate topic.

Any help with that would be appreciated, I enclosed a screenshot of my EFI, and my modified DSDT,aml so you could look at the things I am using.

Keep in mind with patched ACPI files (again, nothing to do with this guide), any change to BIOS options, any BIOS upgrade, or any hardware change requires re-extract, re-patch.

The issues you describe having nothing to do with low level things like NVMe.
Keep in mind with patched ACPI files (again, nothing to do with this guide), any change to BIOS options, any BIOS upgrade, or any hardware change requires re-extract, re-patch.

I think I used a special DSDT.aml in the past to get HDMI output working. Changing parts of this file to get SSD working has altered my HDMI audio.
In this post I add my previous DSDT.aml which wont get NVME SSD to work but where i had functional HDMI audio
Can I beg you to take a look at the 2 enclosed DSDT.aml from this and my last post to see what I can alter.

A new install is not an option (I needed a month or so to get things working)

PLEASE

Best regards

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    138.7 KB · Views: 94
I think I used a special DSDT.aml in the past to get HDMI output working. Changing parts of this file to get SSD working has altered my HDMI audio.
In this post I add my previous DSDT.aml which wont get NVME SSD to work but where i had functional HDMI audio
Can I beg you to take a look at the 2 enclosed DSDT.aml from this and my last post to see what I can alter.

A new install is not an option (I needed a month or so to get things working)

PLEASE

Best regards

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.

Done, enclosed are all requested files

Your mistake:
- you renamed all _DSM methods in ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml to XDSM
- you did so after you already added _DSM methods for things like "hda-gfx" injection, connector-type injection on Nvidia, LPCB "compatible" injection, etc.
- macOS ignores XDSM

It is the reason my ACPI guide recommends applying the "Rename _DSM to XDSM" patch prior to applying other patches. Because you don't want to rename _DSM methods you add with other patches, you want to only rename _DSM methods provided by the OEM.

Solution:
- re-patch your DSDT (make sure you re-extract with Clover F4), but apply rename _DSM to XDSM before applying other patches

Solution:
- re-patch your DSDT (make sure you re-extract with Clover F4), but apply rename _DSM to XDSM before applying other patches

I did but this file (enclosed with this post, the file generated in /acpi/origin with F4 in Clover boot) does not even save when I opened it in MaciAsl - without doing anything to it - due to compiler syntax error

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    161.6 KB · Views: 91
I did but this file (enclosed with this post, the file generated in /acpi/origin with F4 in Clover boot) does not even save when I opened it in MaciAsl - without doing anything to it - due to compiler syntax error

There are no errors in this file.
You must be using the wrong tools or wrong ACPI version (use ACPI 6.1 from my version of MaciASL).
See laptop ACPI guide for proper tools (MaciASL).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Note: I think my version of MaciASL is also linked from post #1 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back