Contribute
Register

[Solved] Stop sign - new install

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, things are progressing further but, I am still receiving the prohibitory symbol.

I now see the progress bar which reaches about 50% and the prohibitory symbol appears.

I tried adding the -v switch but the texts get scrambled. The -f and -x respectively does nothing to solve.

I am open for new hints ! ! !

ok, things are progressing further but, I am still receiving the prohibitory symbol.

I now see the progress bar which reaches about 50% and the prohibitory symbol appears.

I tried adding the -v switch but the texts get scrambled. The -f and -x respectively does nothing to solve.

I am open for new hints ! ! !
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

ok, latest test is using the following:

• Create USB with UniBeast 8.3.1, version taken from the UI (download file name is 8.3.2)
  • Update the USB key with Clover_v2.4k_r4586.pkg from SourceForge
    • Add the 3 .efi files (AptioMemoryFix.efi, PartitionDxe-64.efi and ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi)
  • Boot PC with USB
  • Apple logo appears along with the progress that goes just shy over 50%
  • System remain at HID : Legacy shim 2 for a short while (image IMG_4366.jpg attached) then
  • I receive the following : (image IMG_4367.jpg attached):
Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_4366.jpg
    IMG_4366.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4367.jpg
    IMG_4367.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 38
It is a rare day that goes by without us seeing this at least once :

Still.png

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.

The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Well, we are moving in the right direction, the progress bar now reaches 90% I would say.

I tested the same USB key (which is indeed a USB 3) into another portal the back of the pc this time (which is a USB 2).

I also created another USB key (USB 2) this time using the same last steps describe above, still in the USB 2 port.

In both case, the progress bar remains the same. I then rebooted using the -v switch. Attached is there it has been sitting still for the last hour:

I haven't yet tested the recommendations that says : May require... Not sure that these are relevant since I've move forward by changing USB port and key.

I'm ready for some more hints, please!

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_4372.jpg
    IMG_4372.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
I haven't yet tested the recommendations that says : May require... Not sure that these are relevant since I've move forward by changing USB port and key.

Your image appears to show a graphics problem, make sure that you are booting with nv_disable=1 until you have installed the OS and the web drivers.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI-D, HDMI or DP - VGA is not supported.

Last edited:
The line argument I always use is the default one, except when I am adding the -v at the end.

My BIOS was already configured as above
I am using an HDMI cable on both end of the cable.

I'll try with the "May require"

One stupid question, the adding the 3 .efi files that were recommended through the Clover UI, I do leave the ones that are already check by default right?

One stupid question, the adding the 3 .efi files that were recommended through the Clover UI, I do leave the ones that are already check by default right?
Do some research to determine the purpose of each one and then make an educated decision as to their requirement.

Hi P1LGRIM,

I've been busy working on my setup. I wanted to thank you for the help you have given me so far. I don't truly master all the intricacies, even after doing some reading but, I'm starting to get a better understanding of the overall process.

You had pointed out that from your perspective, my issue was likely to be around the video. So, I turn my attention in my research around my specific card and found a thread :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-msi-z270m-mortar-kaby-lake-install.229948/
This one gave me confidence that I could succeed. It has a similar hardware config to mine. Hourra, I was able to get to the Installer ! ! ! I was able to pass through the install, install MultiBeast. I was able to find the correct network and audio that needed to be loaded and these two now works fine.

Where I am still struggling and believe me, I've spent I don't know how man hours trying to get it to work by myself, is the video. It works but, I am not getting the optimal resolution, I am stuck at 1280 x 1024. I've installed the latest NVIDIA Drivers in MacOS, configured to use the Web Driver and many iterations while reading posts, I am still stuck at this low resolution. I tried booting with nvda_drv=1 but the I almost get the prohibitory symbol. The only way I can get the system to boot properly is with dart=0 and nv_disable=1. My video card is a : ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Dual-Fan OC Edition Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O3G)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Where I am still struggling and believe me, I've spent I don't know how man hours trying to get it to work by myself, is the video. It works but, I am not getting the optimal resolution, I am stuck at 1280 x 1024. I've installed the latest NVIDIA Drivers in MacOS, configured to use the Web Driver and many iterations while reading posts, I am still stuck at this low resolution. I tried booting with nvda_drv=1 but the I almost get the prohibitory symbol. The only way I can get the system to boot properly is with dart=0 and nv_disable=1. My video card is a : ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Dual-Fan OC Edition Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O3G)
This has been covered so many times previously that I am surprised that you were unable to find the solution.

Successful use of the web drivers is dependent on a working implementation of NVRAM.
If your motherboard/BIOS lacks native NVRAM support then it must be emulated.
A simple test for native NVRAM support is described here :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/

In the past NVRAM emulation was accomplished by use of EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC scripts from the Clover installer.
More recently this has been superseded by way of AptioMemoryFix.efi as per our Clover Builds.
In any case determine if you have native or require emulated support and if required apply the fix then test again.

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary.
Use a digital connection - DVI-D, HDMI or DP - VGA is not supported.
nvda_drv=1 is obsolete in Sierra and above and has been replaced by NvidiaWeb = true as per Link.
dart=0 is the same as disabling Vt-d in your BIOS settings - Either one is ok.
nv_disable=1 disables the Nvidia drivers and there is no prospect of them working if you disable them.
Config.plist - Disable SIP completely - CsrActiveConfig 0x67

May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back