i7-10700KF
Graphics
RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

I've studied the forums for months, and ordered all of my parts and the last of them arrive tomorrow, March 28th, 2018.
I am very excited. I am going to hopefully have this machine dual boot OSx and Windows 10. Hopefully I am not missing anything needed.

My hardware is:

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming
i7-7700K
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050
Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe
Phanteks P400S Silent Edition
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1 80+ GOLD 650W
Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 C15 , White LED
Corsair H100i V2 240mm Radiator
BCM94360CS2 Wifi/BT 4.0
PCI-E Adaptor for Wifi Card

March 26th: I installed the MOBO, RAM, and repositioned one of the Phanteks stock fans to exhaust at the top.
IMG_8380.JPG

Radiator installed. Note: The screws provided by Corsair were a bit to long; Especially the long ones I used to attach the fans to the back of the radiator. However, If I put the fans in front to blow air into the radiator, they would not have been too long. Luckily, I had some washers in my garage so everything is ship shape. I also removed the stock thermal paste as I read reviews claiming it wasn't very good. (Tomorrow, I receive the last 4 parts and will post more after)
IMG_8918.JPG

March 28th: I installed the NVME, PSU, CPU, and used Arctic MX-4 Thermal compound on the CPU, and lastly installed the cooler. Booted up the machine, and got the BIOS screen. Now to install. Wish me luck folks
IMG_3016.JPG

March 29th: I have successfully installed Mac OS High Sierra, and Windows 10. Installing High Sierra gave me one issue, I received the following error: "The recovery server could not be contacted"
People had run into this before and were told to open terminal and use the command, :" sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com "
but that didn't work for me. I had to remove "sudo" from the command, and then everything went through.

March 30th: I installed the Wifi/BT card. iMessage, iCloud, Bluetooth, handoff, Find my mac, and all other apple services are running.

With the HUGE help of @Edhawk & @Macmagoo I have a golden build! I will be posting in that thread too so hopefully others can find it! Thank you two again!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just found out my wifi/bt card is severely delayed. Should arrive on Monday. My question, can I go ahead and install OSx and Win 10, without an internet connection? I plan on installing using unibeast, and already have the usb bootables made for both. Or would I need to wait for the card. Obviously I cannot set up iMessage, and the other services. Thanks in advance

You can install MacOS without the Wi-Fi card installed, if you are not using the Ethernet port on the motherboard simply skip the iCloud configuration section during the installation process. You can install the Wi-Fi card at a later date and it should be recognised without any issues.

If you will be connecting via the Ethernet port then this will allow you to configure iCloud, iMessage etc. without the Wi-Fi card during the installation, as long as you have setup the machine with a valid serial number.

Once the Wi-Fi card has arrived and been installed you should be able to configure the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, continuity and handoff.

My Mac OS build has an issue with the Nvidia web driver I installed. It shows that it installed correctly, but when I try to switch my display output to Nvidia, it restarts but does not save. Any thoughts for the folks who may be reading this?

Have you included/selected the NvidaWeb option under System Parameters in Clover? This is shown below in Bold and is required to get the OS to use the Nvidia Web drivers.

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

</dict>

Have you included/selected the NvidaWeb option under System Parameters in Clover? This is shown below in Bold and is required to get the OS to use the Nvidia Web drivers.

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>

</dict>
Thanks Ed, Do I add this in clover before booting into Mac OS?

Yes, it needs to be selected/included in your config.plist when you boot, so the Web drivers function and are selectable under OS X.

You can also use the spacebar on the Clover boot screen to access and select this option for a single boot, before you amend your Clover config.plist

Yes, it needs to be selected/included in your config.plist when you boot, so the Web drivers function and are selectable under OS X.

You can also use the spacebar on the Clover boot screen to access and select this option for a single boot, before you amend your Clover config.plist
To amend the plist do I just search for it with spotlight, or do I need to do something "special"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back