Contribute
Register

[Solved] SSD not showing in Disk Utility at install proces

Status
Not open for further replies.
@cmn699, Thanks for your answer.
Pressing cmd+2 also gives me the SMI USB disk and the apple disk image.
Added my hardware specs to my account, thanks for remembering cause I overlooked.
@DefiantNarwhal , thanks for the tip.
I'm now going to try if I can find the terminal and see If I can find the SSD there.
@Sandorion , I'm glad that you found your problem, but hope you're not right about the 1000 to come :).

Ok, I found a solution to my current problem.
At the top of the Macos installscreen (DU screen ?) I found the terminal. In the terminal I typed "diskutil list". Then I found out that my disk is Disk0. So I typed "diskutil partitiondisk disk0 1 gpt jhfs+ hsierra 100%".
I re-opened disk utility and now my disk is visible! :)
But I don't have to do anything anymore in disk utility I gues.
I'm now going to try and install High Sierra.

Ok, I found a solution to my current problem.
At the top of the Macos installscreen (DU screen ?) I found the terminal. In the terminal I typed "diskutil list". Then I found out that my disk is Disk0. So I typed "diskutil partitiondisk disk0 1 gpt jhfs+ hsierra 100%".
I re-opened disk utility and now my disk is visible! :)
But I don't have to do anything anymore in disk utility I gues.
I'm now going to try and install High Sierra.
Yes, you are on your way to installation 8, 7, ..6, 5 4 2 secs ... reboot! :)

I also have choosen to not convert to APFS
For some reason at 18 minutes remaining my machine suddenly rebooted. On a second attemt installation completed and rebooted.
Now I'm going to boot MacOS Sierra from the clover screen and hope I can install multibeast...
(I don't know if it is allowed to post my progress as the initial problem is solved)

Upon choosing country a colored clown ball appeared and a scary looong wait... Is this normal behavior? Going ahead thumbs crossed.

@macBart Unfortunately it seems that I am right about the 1000 problems still to come. It's fun though, isn't it? Like running head first into a brick wall and after you finally crushed it, you see that there is another brick wall ;)

I also have choosen to not convert to APFS
For some reason at 18 minutes remaining my machine suddenly rebooted. On a second attemt installation completed and rebooted.
Now I'm going to boot MacOS Sierra from the clover screen and hope I can install multibeast...
(I don't know if it is allowed to post my progress as the initial problem is solved)

Please post with screen images if possible so that this post will be an excellent reference for those who search for macOS High Sierra Clean Installation on a system with Mobo:Gigabyte H270M-DS3HCPU:Intel core i7 6700K Graphics: PNY 1060 GTX 6Gb.

I just realized @macBart that we are both building the same machine lol. I dont have the k processor but everything else appears the same. Let's compare notes as we progress. Did you put in the terminal flag on the second portion of the install to prevent the APFS conversion?

I also highly recommend opening time machine and making the backup before you do multibeast. I am running into issues that render the machine not bootable and appear to be graphics cards driver driven. I am dealing with it now and you can watch that here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/posts/1617403/

@Sandorion indeed one brick wall after another, my headace started yesterday lol.
@clsanchez77 good tip for the backup before multibeast, doing it right now, BUT it's the sierra install now, not HS.
I did skip the APFS conversion, just folowed the HS installation guide. But then disaster happened after choosing to much or the wrong drivers. System kept rebooting. The only way in was in safe mode. So I decided to do the sierra install instead.
One question, does anybody know if it is possible, using multibeast, to add the options one by one) ?
Not shure but I guess that multibeast "injects" everything, but you have to take notes of what you're doing to know what you allready injected.

@cmn699 , maybe I'll add them later, but for the moment i'm falling back to Sierra installation (because I read here on the forum that multibeast for high sierra is not ready yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back