Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Some time ago I learned not to be too excited about anything new, and I waited to install OSX 10.7 on a new machine for my wife until 10.7.3 was available. Her machine is practically identical to mine, except it has an Asus GeForce 210 video card, but it's the same motherboard with a i5 processor.

The problems:

1. Very odd behaviour of the USB ports. Every second restart leaves the USB ports dead with no mouse or keyboard function. Switch off, restart, and it's OK.

2. No sound function at all, having tried several MultiBeast versions, of course starting with MultiBeast 4.3.1 for Lion. And the most odd thing is, that the Mac info panel shows the sound card as a 885, instead of the normal 889, which this board has.

My machine is working perfectly with OSX 10.6.8. The reason I installed 10.7 on her machine is that another language is available, which 10.6.8 doesn't support. By installing English, the result is the same.

I hope someone has some idea what I can do to solve these problems, I'm stuck :(

Solved: Go back to OSX 10.6.8 and plug in a $5 USB device, no headache.

Re: Sound and USB problem with new Lion install

have you re-flashed the bios somewhere in the changeover? I ask as my first thought is a faulty bios. second have you tried a format reinstall following e.g. gordo's lion process?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back