Contribute
Register

[Solved] Slow WiFi after Ventura update!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Since Ventura update I'm experiencing inconsistant internet, sometimes it takes a lot of time to load YouTube videos etc. sometimes on speed test it gets 20 mbps, sometimes it goes to 70 mbps.

I don't have Kasperski, Little Snitch, or some kind of VPN installed, as I read that these could be causing the issue.

This happened after the ugprade. Monterey was fine.
I'm also having a strange issue which I'm not sure if it is connected with my configuration or the OS itself, each time I set wallpaper after a restart it wents to the Ventura default one which I really hate.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 59
@theruck , I'm also having slow/intermittent wi-fi after upgrading from Monterey to Ventura 13.0.1; wifi worked fine in Monterey. I'm using a TP-Link Archer AC1900 WiFi Card PCIe Adapter (T9E), which has a Broadcom BCM4360 chipset. The Dortania link you provided says, "Currently BCM943224, BCM94331, BCM94360 and BCM943602 are still fully support by OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Consider upgrading to these cards if possible."

Dumb question (and I have searched before asking): Are the BCM4360 and BCM94360 the same chipset, or different?

Update: They seem to be different cards.
@theruck, I'm also having slow/intermittent wi-fi after upgrading from Monterey to Ventura 13.0.1; wifi worked fine in Monterey. I'm using a TP-Link Archer AC1900 WiFi Card PCIe Adapter (T9E), which has a Broadcom BCM4360 chipset. The Dortania link you provided says, "Currently BCM943224, BCM94331, BCM94360 and BCM943602 are still fully support by OpenCore Legacy Patcher. Consider upgrading to these cards if possible."

Update: The 94360 seems to be a different chipset (1750 MBPS vs. 1900 for the 4360, and supports Bluetooth). My slightly more informed question: Since chipsets support the same wi-fi protocols, is the wi-fi performance different under macOS Ventura?

Last edited:
Back