Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, not a first time builder here but this is the first time I've needed help with my configuration, which is as follows:

Edit: Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
Intel i7 2600k
HIS Radeon 6870
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 System Drive

I installed from scratch on the vertex drive, first with a retail copy, and then followed the directions to update to 10.6.8 (Updatehelper, Restart, Update, Restart, Multiman). Before the update my boot time was blazing fast, like I would expect from an SSD, but after the update and Multiman I experience one of 2 things:

If I set my system definition to MacPro 3,1 I get a very long boot time at the apple screen, but good geekbench scores of aprox. 12,000.

or

If I set the system definition to iMac 12,2 I get a good fast boot time, but my geekbench scores are only in the range of 5,500.

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

Re: HELP! - Slow Boot/Low Speeds after 10.6.8

Did you do a user DSDT install in MultiBeast? If you did, are you sure you got the right bios version number? There are choices of f2, f3, f4 and f5 for your motherboard. If you loaded the wrong one it leads to all sort of problems. Also, what guide did you use to set up your machine?

Re: HELP! - Slow Boot/Low Speeds after 10.6.8

My bad, I had it listed as the UD3R model, but I have the UD3H-B3, I had F8 bios and used the F8 DSDT.

For some reason everything is now functioning properly. MacPro 3,1 system definition, quick boot time. I don't know if there would be a performance drop as iMac 12,2 and I don't know why this happened. But it's now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back