Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I tried what was in the general sleep thing involving deleting some kexts and it prevented booting no matter what i tried so i had to reinstal. Hoping for someone who has experience with asus boards, hopefully this board would work with the p8p67 pro dsdt or whatever.

Any advice is appreciated.

General things to tweak in bios?

Re: Help! Sleep - P8P67-M Pro, i3 2100, 5770

what have you already done so far?
are you using easybeast, or if not, what?

Yeah easybeast, I just tried using the speedsteper fix thing in multibeast and ****ing wont boot again. excuse my french. this is a huge hastle. Any idea how I can fix this an not re-instal? and maybe get sleep working. ughhhh

EDIT: dear lord thank you, booting to the installer and repairing disk allowed me to boot again. doubt sleep it working though. still looking for help there

EDIT2: to be a little more descriptive, i hear my HDD go to sleep, but fans never stop, and i cant resume, i have to restart.

sleep wont work with easybeast because easybeast includes nullcpu.

how i would proceed with this setup:
1. flash a modded bios.
2. create a modified dsdt.
3. delete the uneeded kexts that easybeast installs (legacyapplertc, nullcpupowermanagement, evoreboot).

a couple threads for you to read/use:
modded bios thread
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49340

make your own dsdt thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

according to that "patch list" my board is included. I have gone through the steps, do I just run multibeast and select userDSDT or whatever now? anything else I need to do?

also, so is my other board, and my laptop which is great to know

I also have the bios ready to patch, and will do that as soon as you confirm all is right in the world

flash the bios first, then in the bios, set the option for Internal PLL Overvoltage to disabled, and set C1E to enabled, and C3 and C6 Report to enabled.

then boot into osx, delete the kexts from /S/L/E that i mentioned earlier, then put the dsdt on the desktop, run UserDSDT and System Utilities from Multibeast.

samisnake said:
flash the bios first, then in the bios, set the option for Internal PLL Overvoltage to disabled, and set C1E to enabled, and C3 and C6 Report to enabled.

then boot into osx, delete the kexts from /S/L/E that i mentioned earlier, then put the dsdt on the desktop, run UserDSDT and System Utilities from Multibeast.

I did the C whatever, but PLL Overvoltage does not exist. i looked everywhere even found pics of where it should be, but its not. can I ignore this step?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/ ... 6a8787.jpg

not there on mine.

probably because my cpu is locked

have a look for Execute Disable Bit, under
Advanced/CPU Configuration/Execute Disable Bit.

if you can find it, set it to Enabled

samisnake said:
have a look for Execute Disable Bit, under
Advanced/CPU Configuration/Execute Disable Bit.

if you can find it, set it to Enabled

was already set to enabled, followed your other steps and hit desktop. You deserve some kind of award just for getting me that far.

and the test to see if sleep worksssssssss.......

Almost? hdd spins down... a bit later fans spin down. then the fans spin back up after a tiny bit but the pc doesn't wake back up. Restart still required.

upload your dsdt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back