[Solved] Silly question

Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero X Z370
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
I had successfully installed Ventura.

I booted up my old clover install of High Sierra to check some things.

Now my Ventura drive won’t work, it was renamed “Ventura - data” at the Opencore boot screen.

I’m sure there must be a simple fix, rather than having to re-do the whole install, but it eludes me. Please help? :(

Start by clearing NVRAM.

Start by clearing NVRAM.
Thanks. I’m trying to do this but I’m ROYALLY confused. When I was setting up, pressing the spacebar at the boot-picker screen brought up the clean/reset NVRAM options. Now pressing space bar does nothing. Even if I boot Opencore from my USB. :s

Edit- ah I’m a dolt, I need to copy those Tools over from the base Opencore package over to my created EFI.

Last edited:
Start by clearing NVRAM.

Used clean nvram. Still no joy. Presented with the white circle and a line through it when attempting to boot from the drive.

Unbelievable. I cannot quite get over the fact that High Sierra has bricked this Ventura install for me. I’m going to have to install it again, sigh. I was just about to clone it as well.

Used clean nvram. Still no joy. Presented with the white circle and a line through it when attempting to boot from the drive.

Unbelievable. I cannot quite get over the fact that High Sierra has bricked this Ventura install for me. I’m going to have to install it again, sigh. I was just about to clone it as well.
boot verbose to see the issue

boot verbose to see the issue

It’s cool, I’ve reinstalled everything now. Wasn’t so bad on the 2nd run through now that I know the steps! :D

I don’t suppose you could help me with another issue though? Is AppleHDA kext needed in order to get Atmos 5.1.2 working? Channels 7 & 8 are currently redirected to my rear speakers instead of overhead ones.

It’s cool, I’ve reinstalled everything now. Wasn’t so bad on the 2nd run through now that I know the steps! :D

I don’t suppose you could help me with another issue though? Is AppleHDA kext needed in order to get Atmos 5.1.2 working? Channels 7 & 8 are currently redirected to my rear speakers instead of overhead ones.
test all available layout ids, reset nvram on each try

there is also this as well:
https://github.com/5T33Z0/AppleALC-Guides/tree/main/AppleALC_Layout-ID
which may or may not help

Sorry Feartech, I have another question. Do I actually need the AppleHDA kext? I ask because I am just getting by with AppleALC and Lilu at the moment…

Cheers!
yes, that is an Apple system kext required to make sound work, do not delete that

Back