Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra Will Not Load on i7700k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Firstly congratulations on a great forum.

I have been reading lots prior to buying and building my first hackintosh. Having read loads on the fact that everyone was saying steer clear of kaby lake I decided to go ahead and give it a go with my fingers well and truly crossed.

However, I have fallen at the first hurdle.

My build consists of Intel i7 7700k, Gigabyte z270 Gaming 3, Samsung 850ssd.

I have created a bootdrive using unibeast but when I try to install it the install sticks right at the beginning with the apple logo. I have setup the bios correctly and I have also edited the FakeCPUID to 0x0506e3 and also I put GPUID to 0x19168086.

I have also tried different settings such as KernalPM and various others but keep coming with the same issue that I cannot get past the first bar of the install.

I know that Kaby Lake is not supported but I would be grateful for any help or advise you could give as to where I may be going wrong

Here are a few of the verbose files that I have been getting after trying different settings. Please excuse the slight cutoff on them as I am also unable to adjust my monitor to fit the screen properly.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1965.JPG
    IMG_1965.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1967.JPG
    IMG_1967.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 195
please fake your cpu id to make it adjust the mac, faking 6700k is better.

As per my post above.. CPUID was faked!

problem is solved now anyway!

Hello There,

I wanted to ask how were you able to fake CPUID as i'm bumping into the same problem?

cheers

@mike123123123, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

To boot, CPU ID needs to be spoofed. Go into Clover options at boot time and input the Skylake ID as FakeCPUID. Then just add the key and string in the KextandKernelPatches section of Clover's config.plist during post-installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back