Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra update 10.12.5 (and 10.12.6 beta) crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acc to my crash-screenshot, the crash was cpu-related; the initial 10.12.3 installer identified the machine as a late '13 iMac14,2 meaning e.g. a "Haswell" Quad Core 3.4 GHz Intel "Core i5" (4670). As the machine is equipped with a Quad Core 3.1 GHz Intel "Core i5" I5-2500 Sandy Bridge processor, i decided to opt for iMac12,2; the update 10.12.5 worked then out of the box; the related Nvidia video driver 378.05.05.15f01 still produces only 1280*1024.
Tks anyhow for yr kind help; that Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition) is a wonderful tool; i will post the Nvidia problem in the appropriate rubrique; tks again & best rgds

Acc to my crash-screenshot, the crash was cpu-related; the initial 10.12.3 installer identified the machine as a late '13 iMac14,2 meaning e.g. a "Haswell" Quad Core 3.4 GHz Intel "Core i5" (4670). As the machine is equipped with a Quad Core 3.1 GHz Intel "Core i5" I5-2500 Sandy Bridge processor, i decided to opt for iMac12,2; the update 10.12.5 worked then out of the box; the related Nvidia video driver 378.05.05.15f01 still produces only 1280*1024.
Tks anyhow for yr kind help; that Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition) is a wonderful tool; i will post the Nvidia problem in the appropriate rubrique; tks again & best rgds

How were you able to run Clover Configurator (Vibrant) if you could not get your system to boot up? I am having the same issues as you except I have Intel 530HD video but not sure how to run the tool without being able to boot my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

How were you able to run Clover Configurator (Vibrant) if you could not get your system to boot up? I am having the same issues as you except I have Intel 530HD video but not sure how to run the tool without being able to boot my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

-I do hope you h’ve got a second machine either Macintosh or Mac; connect yr USB stick and use Unibeast to install MacHS.
-On yr mac download Clover Configurator(Vibrant Edition)4.60.1.0 Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition), open, select SMBIOS, in this window aside the interrogation mark find a mac *id corresponding to yr processor.
-in Clover Configurator>Mount EFI>EFI on EFI>disk=USB, select: mount partition, then open partition>
in Texteditor open(USB>EFI)-EFI>CLOVER>config.plist, search for ProductName and modify according to the selected mac *id ; save, close, verify in the (USB)EFI partition, close Clover Configurator and reïnstall on hacintosh.
Luck

-I do hope you h’ve got a second machine either Macintosh or Mac; connect yr USB stick and use Unibeast to install MacHS.
-On yr mac download Clover Configurator(Vibrant Edition)4.60.1.0 Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition), open, select SMBIOS, in this window aside the interrogation mark find a mac *id corresponding to yr processor.
-in Clover Configurator>Mount EFI>EFI on EFI>disk=USB, select: mount partition, then open partition>
in Texteditor open(USB>EFI)-EFI>CLOVER>config.plist, search for ProductName and modify according to the selected mac *id ; save, close, verify in the (USB)EFI partition, close Clover Configurator and reïnstall on hacintosh.
Luck
don't use Texteditor to edit config.plist

use PlistEditPro or xcode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back