Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Sierra - Unable to write to the last block of the device!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What shell is this? The version that comes with Clover or built in?

What shell is this? The version that comes with Clover or built in?
With clover installed with Unibeast for Sierra.

With clover installed with Unibeast for Sierra.
You'd likely need to have UEFI enabled and be booted UEFI, not legacy to manipulate the boot menu from Clover's shell. If your boot menu has a built in shell you could also try from there.

You'd likely need to have UEFI enabled and be booted UEFI, not legacy to manipulate the boot menu from Clover's shell. If your boot menu has a built in shell you could also try from there.
already created my usb installer with Legacy and setup the multibeast with Legacy also. i can't all this things again for nothing. because with UEFI enabled or disabled is the same result. I don't think UEFI has something to do with this issue

already created my usb installer with Legacy and setup the multibeast with Legacy also. i can't all this things again for nothing. because with UEFI enabled or disabled is the same result. I don't think UEFI has something to do with this issue
Those are EFI boot menu entries for sure, no idea how your firmware enables/disables UEFI - probably running DUET on top of BIOS.

But there's no need to (and you shouldn't) change anything on your unibeast/multibeast/macOS drives. If you DO want to run the shell with EFI enabled use the Clover release installer to install Clover EFI to an empty USB. The extra boot options can't do any harm anyway.

I tried all of this, something is wrong somewhere :banghead:
If I do boot order in BIOS list as:
  1. USB drive
  2. Netowrk Drive
  3. Optic Drive
  4. Harddrive SSD
  5. Harddrive HDD
1, 2, 3 working fine, but in Harddrive 4 skip to 5. I tried right now Harddrive SSD as the first one, skip again to the second one. The only order can't be accepted is the SSD hard, which i install EFI and MacosX on it.

1, 2, 3 working fine, but in Harddrive 4 skip to 5. I tried right now Harddrive SSD as the first one, skip again to the second one. The only order can't be accepted is the SSD hard, which i install EFI and MacosX on it.
EFI doesn't boot from internal 'disks' it boots from .EFI files in vendor folders. There is an 'EFI boot menu' containing boot options that point to these files. e.g. 'Microsoft Boot Manager' points to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi

EFI/CLOVER/doc/UEFI boot with Clover.rtf 5.2 Add Clover as a boot option:
On Aptio, it's not enough to rename Cloverx64.efi on HDD to BootX64.efi to enable it to start

if you are booting EFI not legacy you should create an entry in the boot menu called 'Clover' that points to '/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI'. See the Clover docs folder, use 'bcfg boot add' from EFI shell, efibootmgr on Linux, EasyUEFI (versions before 3 are free) on Windows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back