Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra no longer boots from SSD or USB after attempts to install Nvidea

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE. So I physically unplugged my SSD then booted from USB and it didnt get stuck. Powered down, plugged the SSD back in, powered up again and booted from USB again. Was successful again so Ive erased the SSD and am starting again from scratch. Better luck this time.
Your picture shows an active Serial port(SuperIO) which should be disabled in BIOS settings.

Your picture shows an active Serial port(SuperIO) which should be disabled in BIOS settings.

Yes thanks I picked that up this time around when doing my BIOS settings. I didn't know it was meant to look under SuperIO in the BIOS settings but I watched a YouTube clip by craigztech and it helped. Perhaps the port labels look slightly different in different motherboard BIOS systems. Anyway thanks for taking the time to look.

image.jpeg

So I managed to get things going again and have had 3 more attempts at getting my gpu working today. Each resulting in the same problem as above. Ultimately the boot won't complete and I have to reboot from USB and unplug the SSD. Now I believe things are even worse. I watched a video by craigztech about bugs post installation and followed his instructions to the letter replacing my efi partition with his (our setups being almost identical) and installing his kexts. The correct nvidea drivers are installed and yet inject nVidea never appears in the graphics injector in clover (pre boot) and now not even my USB drive will boot with my SSD and GPU unplugged. No idea what I've done wrong. Assume it's something in my BIOS or Clover itself. Attached is a screenshot of where the boot gets stuck. Is it possible I actually have a faulty GPU? Still why would this effect boot when unplugged? HELP please. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I watched a video by craigztech about bugs post installation and followed his instructions to the letter replacing my efi partition with his (our setups being almost identical) and installing his kexts.
Your attachment is not visible.
We do not troubleshoot guides from other sites.

Your attachment is not visible.
We do not troubleshoot guides from other sites.

That makes total sense. Attachment should be visible now. I wrote the post from my girlfriends laptop then upload the photo from my phone after. Any hint as to where I should be looking to resolve this? I couldn't find a thread on here with the same issue. thanks

Any hint as to where I should be looking to resolve this?
Use the forum Search tool to find a user build with similar parts to your own : Example

I would suggest a CMOS reset first and then start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back