Register

[Solved] Sierra Install Freezes on Apple SplashScreen

• Thread starter Deleted member 188658
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 188658

I'm updating my second Hachintosh to Sierra. This is a GA-Z77X-UP5 with i5-3550K, and 16GB. I do have a Broadcom BCM94360CD PCIe Half-Mini card in the system, and there's only Wireless Eth support. It's been running El Capitan(now 10.11.6) for several years, and I'm trying to upgrade to Sierra. Running latest Clover v3998. I ran the standard Apple installer and it created the Install boot disk. Restarted and selected the install disk in Clover.

My first attempt hung after a minute or so on the Apple splashscreen. Spinning ball of death. I looked around the forum and saw that someone suggested selecting the FixUSB and adding the PCIRootUID=1 boot flag.

The second boot from the install disk with the new options, FIxUSB, PCIRootUID, went a lot further. At first I thought I had fixed it, but after 5 minutes I get the spinning wheel of death again.

How do i past this install problem? Suggestions?

I have attached the photo of booting with the -v flag. I don't see a memory panic error. There are lots of warning and Airport messages. Can you see any key issues on the screen shot?

I have also attached my config.plist compressed.

Please anyone?

SierraVerboseInstallFreeze.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 56
Tried your attached config.plist. Very similar result in the end. Hangs after about 5 minutes
How is it connected to the monitor ?
If using the GTX 950 have you installed the web drivers yet ?
If not then boot with nv_disable=1.

How is it connected to the monitor ?
If using the GTX 950 have you installed the web drivers yet ?

Connected via HDMI.

I have not installed the Sierra Web drivers, but am at 346.03.15f06 in El Capitan. Will attempt reboot wth nv_disable=1 now.

Thanks.

Attempted boot with nv_disable=1 (VESA mode), same result. Hang with same verbose messages. Attempted it twice same result.

Thanks.

Attempted boot with nv_disable=1 (VESA mode), same result. Hang with same verbose messages. Attempted it twice same result.

Thanks.
Other than using your integrated graphics for the installation, no more ideas.

Other than using your integrated graphics for the installation, no more ideas.

Appreciate the suggestions. Seems like you believe it to be a graphics issue.

If I attempt with the integrated graphics can I leave the GTX 950 card in the system, and just disable it in the BIOS, and enable the internal? Or do I have to extract it?

Thanks again

Appreciate the suggestions. Seems like you believe it to be a graphics issue.

If I attempt with the integrated graphics can I leave the GTX 950 card in the system, and just disable it in the BIOS, and enable the internal? Or do I have to extract it?

Thanks again
In the time taken to ask and get a reply you could have tried it already.
If you leave the graphics card installed then make sure that your BIOS is set with integrated as primary.

Tried your attached config.plist. Very similar result in the end. Hangs after about 5 minutes Thanks for the reply.

See attached pic.

View attachment 234704

Are you using OsxAptioFixDrv2? FYI remove Broadcom BCM94360CD its known to cause problems into the installer without patching ACPI. Remove all patches. Attach Clover folder removing Themes ZIP attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back