Motherboard
Asus ROG Z390 H GAMING-Clover
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
This is truly my first attempt at building a hackintosh on my own without help from some friends. It is proving much more complicated than expected.

I got Sierra installed, set up the Ethernet, graphics and audio drivers in MultiBeast.

Ethernet is the only one of those that truly worked. I had to download the Nvidia drivers and got that sorted out (even ran into the mac pro 6,1 black screen issue and repaired that). But the audio I have had no luck with at all so far.

I found a guide (I was using the browser on the hackintosh that can no longer boot, so I don't have a link readily available) that looked pretty thorough on getting the audio to work. It claimed to be basically a "dumbed down" interpretation of the toleda guide - I have never studied computer science or anything in great depth, and I am just sort of picking this stuff up as I go along, so I found it helpful.

At one point, it had me making some changes to the config.plist file. I am comfortable with making some basic changes like I did to add the Nvidia web drivers stuff, changing a value from true to false, etc. But this had me doing more than I felt comfortable doing without making a mess of things. So i did save a backup of the config.plist file to the desktop, thinking I could always boot the recovery volume and replace it again. However, now I can't boot to the desktop even on the recovery volume. I tried safe mode and single user mode, etc.

I also did not know how to actually extract the verbose boot logging to a file I could use to post. So I took a picture of my screen with my phone and am uploading the image.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20170212_141329.jpg
    20170212_141329.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 147
FYI - I ended up taking my hard drive out of the hackintosh, and put it in a firewire case and plugged it into my working mac and copied the backed up config.plist to the efi volume and put it back and it works now. I have also solved my audio issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back