Motherboard
Asus P5P41TED
CPU
E8500
Graphics
GeForce 6200
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Updated to the new 10.12.4 without issues on the machine. So I proceed in re-creating the installation media using Unibeast.I typically create two pen drives, using Unibeast and the Terminal command. When testing then, I got the block at AppleACPICPU busy timeout block. I only boot the machine with npci=0x3000, I tried to boot using the other drive (created through Terminal) switching npci=0x3000 with npci=0x2000. It managed to get to the installation screen, but the machine was un-responsive. No keyboard or mouse input, on neither ps2 or usb connectors. What may be the case?

Last edited:
I tought I fixed the issue like this: Installed the latest Clover on the pen drive made using Unibeast. Then installed on it the latest FakeSMC and plugins from HWmonitor package installer and NullCPUManagement adn RealtekNetwork kexts using Multibeast. Placed in Clover kexts, in extra, the PS2 kext. The installer booted, I have also tried to boot the installed os, it went fine. So, everything seemed fine. Decided to re-install the OS, after all the nuissance. Booted the pen drive, formated the hard drive and continued installing. On first boot, it gave again the AppleACPICPU timeout error. The Apple logo and the mouse pointer appeared, on touching it it turned into the spinning multicolor ball and things remained stuck there. Now it am completly out of any Mac OS X and can not complete the error. This issue or a similar one was present on beta, in late 2016, as it seems. It is really weird. I assume now that I can do is to wait for new Unibeast and Multibeast versions and hope it will work. Anybody have an idea of a quicker fix? It is hard to acces any Mac or Hackintosh.

In clover (EFI partition) at kext folder you have 10.12 folder and Other folder. Make sure that FakeSMC from tonymacosx download section is there. Had same problem yesterday with 10.12.4 fresh installation. I made USB with Unibeast, than updated clover to newer version, than copied my kext (ethernet, fakesmc) to 10.12 folder. From that point installation went without any problems :)
Thx, it managed to resolve the issues due to this. I have used a Linux live CD to access the EFI partion of the pen drive, to paste the kext. When I installed FakeSMC using the HWMonitor installer, it installed the kexts somewhere else, inside the Sierra installer, not the EFI partition of the pen drive. This is why the installer was booted fine, and the installed OS through the Clover on the pen drive did not, it needed the kext to be on the EFI partition. I suggest to Tonymac and MacMan to update both Unibeast and Multibeast with the latest Clover and FakeSMC, to avoid this issue on other users.

Anyway, the FakeSMC kext has a newer version then the one listed in the downloads section of the forum. The newer Clover and FakeSMC, the better, to avoid unpleasant surprises like I had.

Anyway, the FakeSMC kext has a newer version then the one listed in the downloads section of the forum. The newer Clover and FakeSMC, the better, to avoid unpleasant surprises like I had.

Still have this problem. I did as said above and this allowed me to boot from the flash drive. Installation of the system has begun. But, nevertheless, the reboot from the hard disk failed. So, where can I get the new version of FakeSMC file? Thanks.

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately, FakeSMC is not the solution. Still I can not upgrade nor make a fresh installation. I'll sit for a while with version 10.12.3
Try to install from the HWMonitor pkg file FakeSMC into installation pen drive, after the latest Clover, and then NullCPUManagement, from Multibeast on the pen drive. Then place the FakeSMC kext on the wests folder on EFI partition. Like I did.

Try to install from the HWMonitor pkg file FakeSMC into installation pen drive, after the latest Clover, and then NullCPUManagement, from Multibeast on the pen drive. Then place the FakeSMC kext on the wests folder on EFI partition. Like I did.

Works for me: actual version of FakeSMC.kext, placed in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 (flash drive AND hard disk for the fist boot).

I got the same issue here. Installed only network kext, updated the system and got stuck on the same place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back