[Solved] Sierra 12.4 Clean Install Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare
CPU
Graphics
Int
Hi there. Pulling my hair out. Cannot get past language selection screen, can pick English and click the button but then nothing happens. I *AM* able to get into Disk Utility if I move the mouse up to the menu bar, but disk utility hangs on "Loading Disks".

My config: GB Z170X-Designare using onboard gfx via HDMI, 6700k, 2x16GB Corsair Dominator, Samsung 960 500GB, Hitachi 3TB drive.

I initially followed this guide (- ext gfx) [Success] BoomR's 360/VR Production Build > GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE - i7 6700K - NVIDIA GTX 970 | tonymacx86.com

Then tried following this guide [Guide] MUSIC PRODUCTION Skylake Build: 10.11.6, Z170X-Designare, 6700K, HD530, TB3, 960 EVO M.2 | tonymacx86.com

Tried with multiple USB sticks, multiple ports (currently using a 16GB USB 3.0 but switching between black and blue ports on mobo)

Then tried a clean Unibeast 7.11 install - each time the same thing happens. I also tried a manual current Clover install but the machine kept rebooting, at which point I started from scratch with the Unibeast 7.11 approach.

Tried various suggestions including
-installing with rehabman’s 960 spoof instructions, but also with a totally clean UniBeast 7.1.1
-using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
-various system definitions including nothing, iMac17,1 and iMac15,2
-removing SSD and installing on mechanical drive
-trying with and without FakeSMC kext.
-Checking Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clovers config.plist
-Removing the SSD / Removing the Hitachi HDD.
-Various IntelGFX settings.
-Throwing everything at the wall and checking whatever clover config stuff looked plausible (at which point I reverted back to a Unibeast 7.11 clean install)

I seriously have no idea what to try next. Win10 installed perfectly (how I was able to do the TB flash)

Anybody have any suggestions? I've attached my most recent clover dir.

Thanks so much..

Attachments

• clover-nothemes8PM.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Solved, amazingly. I moved the RAM into different slots (probably didn't help), moved the mechanical drive into SATA port 0 (probably didn't help either) - pulled the mechanical drive out to format it directly from my laptop (including a couple of 256GB partitions for safety installations of OS X) and bingo, got past the language screen and was able to install on the mechanical drive. From there, I realized that my implementation of rehabnan's 960 hack wasn't working bc I had existing _DSMs which had to be renamed using clover configurator patch. Once I fixed that, then the 960 appeared and I was able to format it, clone the mechanical disk's OS X and use multi-beast to give it an EFI partition etc etc etc. My first hackintosh ever and its been a long long time since I've messed with computers so I'm quite relieved that I got it running (despite no help from you guys..hahahah)

Anyway, its running great, thunderbolt works including the apple TB display, my eucon S3, everything. Happy camper.

Thanks for the update. I am a noob struggling with a very similar build. This is my second HacPro build, if the 1st counts while not having Thunderbolt capability b/c of mobo (P67 Sabertooth, Sandy Bridge). However, my current one is the GB GA-Z170X-UD5. I was having the same issues, but I never used Fake SMC. I am trying that now. You never listed what else you had set (versus your previous post). Was it all the same? Glad to hear you kept at it. Congrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back