GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-860 CPU @ 2.8GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I am having a odd issue, any SMBIOS Product Name I use other than iMac14,2 results in problems, I need iMac11,3 to get speedstep working.

I was wondering if anyone had ever solved the issue of USB ports not working at all when using a lesser SMBIOS Product Name?

Also oddly enough that is all I had to change to get USB ports to work so I could login, this Sierra install is on my tester drive, so no worries on trying something crazy.

I have read some of RehabMans post relating to USB3 and this doesn't seem like it would be similar enough to find a resolution there, what can I try to have them working?

The usb3 ports on my innatek card seem to work, but the USB 2 ports do not, usbinjectall did not help, I had doubted it would since they are not usb3.

Using fixusb_1000 causes this issue.
Attached image.

I managed to get logged into the desktop using another keyboard and a wireless mouse, onboard usb2 and usb3 are not functioning at all, but everything else including speedstep works along with the innatek usb3 expansion card.
The card I am using only has 5 ports, not nearly enough for using on a daily basis, nor do they work during boot.

hoping someone will have a solution eventually.

Posting a screen grab of USB section of System Profiler.

Attachments

• IMG_20170705_230442.jpg
    IMG_20170705_230442.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 157
  • screengrab.png
    screengrab.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
same issue with el capitan, upgraded yosemite on a tester drive and the onboard usb ports do not work, the add-in card however all ports work.

ironically my ps3 headset adapter is shown in profiler and the usb hubs seem to be as well...

wondering if anyone has any ideas?

Upload your original DSDT. I will take a look at it.

edit: And also the one that Clover produced.

I have read some of RehabMans post relating to USB3 and this doesn't seem like it would be similar enough to find a resolution there, what can I try to have them working?
If your USB controllers are named EHC1 & EHC2, have you renamed them?
For the Gigabyte BRIX, I didn't need to patch DSDT so I used Clover config.plist-based patches in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches:

Item 1:
Comment: change EHC1 to EH01
Find: <45484331>
Replace: <45483031>

Item 2:
Comment: change EHC2 to EH02
Find: <45484332>
Replace: <45483032>

vulgo that fixed my problem completely, thanks for the help gentleman, you are welcome to look at my DSDT if you wish, after all I am still pretty much a noob still.

edit: And also the one that Clover produced.

dsdt is the same one provided by this site, only added speedstep as Tony posted some time ago.

i'm not to savvy with dsdt patching or anything, i haven't had clover generate one, not sure how to go about it.

edit: turns out to be really easy to dump the dsdt, adding a zip for the origin folder.

If your USB controllers are named EHC1 & EHC2, have you renamed them?

honestly i have no idea, it was a posted DSDT, i hadn't tried those clover patches yet, but i think you may be onto something there.

edit: opened maciasl and they are named EHC1 etc.

so glad someone is able to help, very frustrated and stuck on yosemite.

added patches, and wouldn't you know it... i had overlooked them in clover configurator vibrant, reinstalling sierra on my tester drive and will definitely report back the findings.

funny enough while generating the dsdt i ran into the same issue with yosemite, i feel a bit foolish, but grateful for your posts.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    16 KB · Views: 153
  • p55a-ud3_dsdt_original.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Those DSDTs are by MacMan.

He renamed USE2 and USBE to EHC1 and EHC2.
EHCx is used by Apples Original DSDTs. For example the iMac11,3's SMBios with P55 as you have.

This seems to cause Problems because Apple seems to make more use of ACPI in the latest OSX versions.
Thus they need to be renamed to EH0x so the SMBios doesnt take control over them.
If you use your original DSDT , you can add your own Hotpatches in Clover Configurator to go directly from USE2 and USBE to EH01 and EH02.

Like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-11 um 17.11.16.png

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Rocknrolla, I am also using a P55 series motherboard and am trying to install Sierra. Would you mind taking a look at my DSDT and make sure I have made these edits correctly. Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT-SIERRA.aml
    20.4 KB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back