Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-I Plus
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
I have an Asus Z97i-plus board with what I believe is a Broadcom BCM94352HMB half card (is there any way to verify this? I read the model number aw-ce123h off the board which seems to correspond to the Broadcom chipset above.

I've followed the instructions to load the Rehabman kexts with Kext Helper (I can verify these files are in s/l/e) (from the guide, if I understand correctly this is the only way to get wifi working in 10.12.3, correct?)

FakePCIID.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

(from RehabMan-FakePCIID-2017-0109)

I've rebooted and the wifi is still not appearing, how can I go about debugging this issue?

Frustratingly, I did a point upgrade on a previously functional version of El Capitan which completely hosed everything, so am on a fresh install.

Some further info, I copied over DPCIManager and see in the PCI List:

Vendor: 14E4
Device: 43B1
Sub Ven: 1043
Sub Dev: 855C
Vendor Name: Broadcom Corporation
Device Name: BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

Clicking on the magnifying glass on the left opens finder to s/l/e and highlights FakePCIID.kext

I'm really at a loss on how to move forward from here :(

The following post should have all the info you need: Kext for BCM94352

Thanks for the link, I've tried to follow the guide closely but it still isn't working.

I've attached a copy of my ioreg and also efi/clover folder if anyone can help point me in the right direction. The odd thing is the card doesn't even seem to show up in the Ioreg?

What I've done so far is:

1. Installed FakePCIID.kext (2017-0109) to /s/l/e
  2. Installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (2017-0109) to /s/l/e
  3. Installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /s/l/e (am I correct this is only for Bluetooth?)
  4. Installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /s/l/e (am I correct this is only for Bluetooth?)
  5. Rebuilt caches with `sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /`
I can verify permissions are correct:

ls -al | grep Fake
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 6 23:05 FakePCIID.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 6 23:05 FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 6 22:29 FakeSMC.kext

ls -al | grep Brcm
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 7 08:14 BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 7 08:17 BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

So I'm not quite sure how to further debug this. To clarify again, I am running:
  • OS X Sierra 10.12.3
  • Asus Z97i-Plus Motherboard
  • Using included BCM94352 Half-Mini PCI Card (attached is image of the actual card)
Asus AW-CE 123H.jpg

Attachments

• efi-clover.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 318
  • ioreg-copy.zip
    617.6 KB · Views: 239
I'm not sure if it makes any difference, but I have these kexts in my EFI/Clover/kexts folder on my laptop.

Thanks for the link, I've tried to follow the guide closely but it still isn't working.

I've attached a copy of my ioreg and also efi/clover folder if anyone can help point me in the right direction. The odd thing is the card doesn't even seem to show up in the Ioreg?

What I've done so far is:

1. Installed FakePCIID.kext (2017-0109) to /s/l/e
  2. Installed FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (2017-0109) to /s/l/e
  3. Installed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /s/l/e (am I correct this is only for Bluetooth?)
  4. Installed BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /s/l/e (am I correct this is only for Bluetooth?)
  5. Rebuilt caches with `sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /`
I can verify permissions are correct:

ls -al | grep Fake
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 6 23:05 FakePCIID.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 6 23:05 FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 6 22:29 FakeSMC.kext

ls -al | grep Brcm
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 7 08:14 BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Mar 7 08:17 BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

So I'm not quite sure how to further debug this. To clarify again, I am running:
  • OS X Sierra 10.12.3
  • Asus Z97i-Plus Motherboard
  • Using included BCM94352 Half-Mini PCI Card (attached is image of the actual card)
View attachment 240161

The card is present in ioreg at RP04.PXSX. No idea why you think it is not there...
Your config.plist has no 'fcvo' patch. It is required.

The card is present in ioreg at RP04.PXSX. No idea why you think it is not there...
Your config.plist has no 'fcvo' patch. It is required.

Hi RehabMan, thank you so much for your response. You are correct, the fcvo patch fixed it for me.

In case it may help anyone else, as I had to search around a bit, I applied the single patch (according to darkvoid's post):

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

I applied this by entering the values above into Clover Configurator by opening EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist and inputting under 'Kernel and Kext Patches':

Screenshot%202017-03-07%2021.52.46.png

After a reboot, wifi, 5gz and even bluetooth are working!

So as a recap in case it benefits anyone else:

To enable Wifi/BT on Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.3 with a Broadcom BCM94352HMB PCI Half Card
  1. Download latest OS-X-Fake-PIC-ID from RehabMan repo: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/
  2. Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /s/l/e
  3. Download latest OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM from RehabMan repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/releases
  4. Install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /s/l/e
  5. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
  6. Apply Darkvoid fcvo patch by opening EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist in Clover Configurator, navigate to Kernel and Kext Patches and input the values under 'KextsToPatch'

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360
    Find: 81F952AA00007529
    Replace: 81F952AA00006690

7. Save and exit Clover Configurator
  8. Reboot
At long last, Wifi & Bluetooth working (I never even had Bluetooth ever working in El Capitan). Showing great speeds and stability so far as well.

Many thanks again for all your work, RehabMan and for your initial help as well, pastrychef, everything is hugely appreciated.

Last edited:
I believe I've followed the instructions and not having any luck here. Did you need to do any dsdt.aml or ssdt.aml patching? The https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini/ instructions mention them but they seem a bit outdated (they refer to a repo that no longer contains any files) and are confusing to me in general.

Attaching my ioreg, efi/clover, and some other stuff that was asked for in one of the other threads linked above.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Attachments

• wifi-debugging.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 237
I believe I've followed the instructions and not having any luck here. Did you need to do any dsdt.aml or ssdt.aml patching? The https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini/ instructions mention them but they seem a bit outdated (they refer to a repo that no longer contains any files) and are confusing to me in general.

Attaching my ioreg, efi/clover, and some other stuff that was asked for in one of the other threads linked above.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Your Clover bootlog indicates you're booting with a config.plist that has no 'fcvo' patch in it:
Code:
0:110  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested
0:110  0:000   - [00]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:110  0:000   - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7

Your Clover bootlog indicates you're booting with a config.plist that has no 'fcvo' patch in it:
Code:
0:110  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested
0:110  0:000   - [00]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:110  0:000   - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7

Thanks for taking a look! That's odd, I swear I had the entry in my config.plist

I tweaked some things and got it showing up in the boot.log produced by Clover Configurator, but still no WiFi in my network settings.
Code:
0:110  0:000  KextsToPatch: 3 requested
0:110  0:000   - [00]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:110  0:000   - [01]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:110  0:000   - [02]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.12-BCM94352-fvco-darkvoid) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8

I'll try some more restarts since some people seem to report it took a few restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back