Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X751LA ( Clover )
CPU
i3-4030U
Graphics
HD 4400, 1600x900
My laptop isn't shutting down properly , the screen goes off but the light indicator stays on and I can still hear the hard drive running ( the laptop turns off properly if I use it for only 30min or so , the problem occurs when I use it for more than 2h which is my normal usage )

Attachments

• debug_30387.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
My laptop isn't shutting down properly , the screen goes off but the light indicator stays on and I can still hear the hard drive running ( the laptop turns off properly if I use it for only 30min or so , the problem occurs when I use it for more than 2h which is my normal usage )

Your ACPI patching is wrong.
You should not have used the PNOT patch.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, you can delete ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml. It is being ignored, and is not needed with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true anyway.

Also, do not patch the WiFi kexts.
Restore to vanilla and install supported WiFi hardware instead.
Read FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your USB configuration is not correct.
See USB guides linked from the FAQ.

Everything was working fine till I installed whatevergreen.kext

I had this issue running Windows too but installing the vendor's IMEI(Intel Management Engine Interface) fixed it

Everything was working fine till I installed whatevergreen.kext

You have work to do. Read post #2.

I had this issue running Windows too but installing the vendor's IMEI(Intel Management Engine Interface) fixed it

I've heard of that issue with certain Dell laptops... but given the problem was not macOS specific was something you should have mentioned.

Solved now? If so, I will mark this topic solved...

No not fixed , that was with windows not macOS

I have to kinda use it for several hours to tell if it's fixed

Attachments

• debug_27782.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
And I've noticed that rebooting it actually shuts it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back