Contribute
Register

[Solved] Setting eth0 up properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, Recently set up my hackintosh- most is working, but I can't log into my AppleID via the AppStore.
I read a few things about eth0 must be enabled/BuiltIn but I'm not really sure what to do.
I just recently tried enabling AirDrop via this which allows it to show in my Finder but I think it's hitting the same issue.

My question is how to set this up - do I NEED to be on Ethernet at all times or can I set it up and then be fine on WiFi?

Here are some screens and IOReg.

eth0 and eth1 use to show here, but in the Network preferences I removed it to try and set it up following another guide (which I cant seem to find right now).

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 12.39.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.45.35 AM.png

Attachments

• HackMac.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 71
Hi all, Recently set up my hackintosh- most is working, but I can't log into my AppleID via the AppStore.
I read a few things about eth0 must be enabled/BuiltIn but I'm not really sure what to do.
I just recently tried enabling AirDrop via this which allows it to show in my Finder but I think it's hitting the same issue.

My question is how to set this up - do I NEED to be on Ethernet at all times or can I set it up and then be fine on WiFi?

Here are some screens and IOReg.

eth0 and eth1 use to show here, but in the Network preferences I removed it to try and set it up following another guide (which I cant seem to find right now).

View attachment 354915

View attachment 354916
Figured it out! I needed to delete the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and reboot - then it showed everything and set my WLAN as eth0
Can sign into AppStore now! Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back