Contribute
Register

[Solved] Security Update 2017-002 Sierra breaks nvidia web drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just patch the drivers. It works fine after that and when the official drivers for the build come out, it will update without any problems.

If you're not sure how to manually do it here is a cool script that does it.

https://github.com/corpnewt/Web-Driver-Toolkit

Can confirm it works.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 11.15.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 11.15.11 PM.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 154
Just patch the drivers. It works fine after that and when the official drivers for the build come out, it will update without any problems.

If you're not sure how to manually do it here is a cool script that does it.

https://github.com/corpnewt/Web-Driver-Toolkit

Can confirm it works.
Btw, should I do it when boot with nvda_drv = 1 or without?

Btw, should I do it when boot with nvda_drv = 1 or without?

Did you need nvda_drv=1 before the update?

New driver is out now. XD

Edit
removed.

My bad, I thought I was posting in a different thread. But yeah, the script linked above works fine.

Last edited:
This driver is not compatible.
Don't know why~~

My bad, I forgot which thread I was on that is the new High Sierra one for 10.13.2

Anyway, that web driver patching script works to allow the current 10.12.6 web driver to work with the 'new' build (the latest security update). No changes need to be made to you config.plist.

My bad, I forgot which thread I was on that is the new High Sierra one for 10.13.2

Anyway, that web driver patching script works to allow the current 10.12.6 web driver to work with the 'new' build after the security update. No changes need to be made to you config.plist.

Thank you so much!
Should I boot without nvda_drv=1, and patching script, then reboot?

Thank you so much!
Should I boot without nvda_drv=1, and patching script, then reboot?

However you were booting before you did the security update, just boot the same way after patching the driver.

The patch doesn't change any 'heavy duty' aspects of the driver. I just edits a small text file, (.plist), changing the build number listed which allows it to load on the new build. So you don't have to change the way you boot or edit anything.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I tried the patch before the update but it defaulted to the Apple Nvidia driver. Luckily though the Nvidia driver is updated now 378.05.05.25f04. However my audio driver didn't work so reverted to a USB audio device for my sound again. Then I realised that Apple update the AppleHDA.kext so reverted to the patched one for my Dell T20 audio and worked again phew!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back