Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 F23g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
On my Skylake build, using 27 inch 4K displays on dpi ports with an AMD RX580 GPU, I wish to scale up the Clover menu items as they are rather small in that kind of environment. The Clover CsmVideoDxe-64 driver is not an option because with that driver in the Clover/Drivers64UEFI folder this system fails to boot. It hangs solid just after leaving the Clover menu with no SDD/HDD activity visible at all.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Greetings

Setting UI scale to 2 should do the trick.

Add this to your config.plist or use clover configurator to do so:

Code:
<key>BootGraphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>UIScale</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
    </dict>

Setting UI scale to 2 should do the trick.

Add this to your config.plist or use clover configurator to do so:

Code:
<key>BootGraphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>UIScale</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
    </dict>
Hi @Yclk That has been in for a long time but does not work in my environment. Thanks for responding anyway.
Presently trying to get this done via edits to the theme.plist file.
Greets

I was finally able to scale up the Clover menu items for my Skylake build to which 2 x 27" 4k monitors are connected to a RX 580 GPU via DP. It turned out that there is no simple solution, at least not for my hardware environment, to achieve what I set out to do a few days ago.
I ended up editing/modifying the contents of the theme I was using. A good write up, on how to go about this, can be found at this link:
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Design
I also took the opportunity to change out the default variable pitch font, with a constant pitch font. In addition the displayed text size was also increased. Text is now readable on the 4K screens without unnecessary eyestrain when viewing the Clover menu and it's text messages in particular.
The attached screenshot shows the result of my efforts.

Attachments

• screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    714.8 KB · Views: 500
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back