Contribute
Register

[solved] SATA 100 Unsupported Kext Only Works Post Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the IOReg is from the Sierra that's already installed (which I have said the 100 series kext works with). I'm not sure how to run apps from the Installer itself if that's what you meant. I tried "open IORegistryExplorer.app" but Terminal didn't recognize the 'open' command.

I tried placing the kext in 'EFI/Clover/kexts/Other' but nothing happened.

Yes, the IOReg is from the Sierra that's already installed (which I have said the 100 series kext works with). I'm not sure how to run apps from the Installer itself if that's what you meant. I tried "open IORegistryExplorer.app" but Terminal didn't recognize the 'open' command.

You cannot run apps from the installer.

I tried placing the kext in 'EFI/Clover/kexts/Other' but nothing happened.

Maybe you created your USB incorrectly. Perhaps you used 'basebinaries' approach and installed FakeSMC.kext to /S/L/E or /L/E on the installer itself. In that case, Clover will not inject kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts due to config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

Make sure you used 'createinstallmedia' as per guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

So I followed that guide and made the disk now the installer won't launch. After the verbose output it goes to the loading screen gui and hangs. I can move my mouse so I know the Voodoo kext must be working but I still get the same error about not being able to recover the SATA drive. According to the verbose output, it seems my audio may be working and don't get the power management errors so thats kinda cool. I uploaded my clover folder (minus themes) if you're interested. I appreciate all of your help with this.

btw, I tried putting the kexts in different places like 10.12, other, and so on so there are a few duplicates.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 206
So I followed that guide and made the disk now the installer won't launch. After the verbose output it goes to the loading screen gui and hangs. I can move my mouse so I know the Voodoo kext must be working but I still get the same error about not being able to recover the SATA drive. According to the verbose output, it seems my audio may be working and don't get the power management errors so thats kinda cool. I uploaded my clover folder (minus themes) if you're interested. I appreciate all of your help with this.

btw, I tried putting the kexts in different places like 10.12, other, and so on so there are a few duplicates.

Clover/drivers64UEFI is not per guide (only the efi files shown in the guide should be present)
Clover/kexts is not per guide (only Clover/kexts/Other should exist)
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext is in three different places and in each case is invalid/incomplete (no Info.plist inside)
The GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not required (should not be present at all).
FakeSMC.kext is missing. You cannot expect to boot macOS without it.

You should spend a little bit of time checking your work.

Thank you so much I have installed it successfully and am typing this from my new hackintosh. Once again thanks for everything and everything you do for the community :)

Thank you so much I have installed it successfully and am typing this from my new hackintosh. Once again thanks for everything and everything you do for the community :)

Marked solved.

hi
I have a dell Optiplex 390 with a i5 2320 CPU, 1 SSD with w10 and 1 SSD free to install mac os when I boot on my mac OS usb to install mac os catalina on my second ssd, the program start but the installation tool don't see any of my SSD. I tried to connect my SSD by usb and then It's working but I can't install mac on my SSD when he is connected with usb. May I install any Kext driver on the mac os key to recognise the data ?
Any help will be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back