Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
I have purchased the Sapphire RX 580 card from Amazon. It is listed as OOB in the ATI support thread so I thought it would just work with RadeonDeInit=True. It does boot into Mac OS 10.13.2 with hardware acceleration but only 1 of 2 connected DP monitors is visible.

Things I've tried:
1. Latest Lilu + WhateverGreen in Clover>Kexts>Other
2. RadeonDeInit=True
3. RadeonDeInit=True & Inject ATI & Each of the Framebuffer options

I'm stumped. Can anyone help out? EFI and WhateverGreen logs attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 183
  • whatevergreen.log.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 120
I found some new information. The second monitor actually does start working when resuming from sleep. So this is an issue only on a cold boot. Has anyone encountered this before?

Any further news on this? I just ordered this card for a new build and also use two DP monitors.

Any further news on this? I just ordered this card for a new build and also use two DP monitors.

Which part number is the card you ordered? I found that my sapphire pulse is the wrong batch so it’s not recognized properly. But I was ultimately able to get mine working by force-flashing it with an alternate rom and using a SSDT patch to set CFG_USE_AGDC false which fixes the dual monitor issues.

After ~10hrs of banging my head against the wall I finally have a functional gpu. And it runs extremely smooth on macOS. I was having lots of performance issues with my 1080TI stuttering and lagging but this card is buttery smooth in dual 4K setups.

Which part number is the card you ordered? I found that my sapphire pulse is the wrong batch so it’s not recognized properly. But I was ultimately able to get mine working by force-flashing it with an alternate rom and using a SSDT patch to set CFG_USE_AGDC false which fixes the dual monitor issues.

After ~10hrs of banging my head against the wall I finally have a functional gpu. And it runs extremely smooth on macOS. I was having lots of performance issues with my 1080TI stuttering and lagging but this card is buttery smooth in dual 4K setups.

The part number (PN) is 299-1E387-000SA. Please let me know if it is the same number you have. Thanks.

That PN is not OOB compatible AFAIK.

According to https://www.theitsage.com/fix-rx-580-sleep-issue-10-13-2/

> The Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB is the only current generation AMD GPU identified correctly in macOS. This is due to it being used in the Apple external graphics dev kit. There are two part numbers for this particular RX 580, 113-4E353BU-O4E and 113-4E3531U-O4V. macOS checks for either of these part numbers in order to show “Radeon RX 580” instead of “AMD R9 XXX” in About this Mac.

Last edited:
@TaxKing did you get your RX580 to work properly? I started having intermittent issues again in 10.13.3.

I'm now seeing lots of:
Jan 26 06:30:17 Hack com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.preference.displays.MirrorDisplays): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Jan 26 06:30:47 --- last message repeated 2 times ---
Jan 26 06:30:47 Hack com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.preference.displays.MirrorDisplays): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
Jan 26 06:31:05 --- last message repeated 1 time ---

In the system.log. Otherwise the monitors seem to work fine except one of them is black at boot and needs to powercycle to get connected properly. It's hard to tell how much of this is related to the hack and how much of this is a problem with the monitors. The P2715Q that I use have notoriously buggy DP firmware and I get similar issues even in Windows 10 on the same system.

I am puzzled. I thought the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 works out of the box. So why do you enable "RadeonDEInit" etc.?

I tried things from the compatibility guide after realizing it didn’t work out of the box. If you read this whole thread you’ll see that the Sapphire Pulse RX 580 I purchased is not the right part number to be recognized OOB. It seems they do not sell the OOB version anymore. At least I couldn’t find any of the compatible models.

:crazy::banghead::banghead:
Sigh, so frustrating!
I use this model: PowerColor RED DEVIL Golden Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHG/OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card
so far it's been good, even after upgrading to 10.13.3 - I did notice initially when I got it that the second DP port wasn't working but on a whim I tried the third port and that worked and has worked since. I have 2 x 4k60 DP monitors connected. Admittedly - I never even tried sleeping, haven't for years - just gave up on that, just got in the habit of shutting down at night and starting up in the morning, so can't vouch for that.

I am looking to buy another card for my old desktop that needs to support two monitors: 4k60 DP and 1080p60 HDMI, I have a RX 560 also still but it wasn't rock solid when using iMovie (crashed - though I don't think I had the iGPU enabled at that time, maybe I need to revisit). Was thinking of getting:

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 100411NT+4G-2L 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card w/ Backplate (UEFI), SAMSUNG MEMORY
or
PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX 570 DirectX 12 AXRX 570 4GBD5-3DHD/OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card

both are the same price, former is obviously preferable. Or pay extra and get a

PowerColor RED DEVIL Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DH/OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card

which is pretty close to what I have. Not very keen to get into the vbios flashing game, especially since I don't have a windows drive.

image1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back