Contribute
Register

[solved] Requesting help for Sierra installation on Dell Inspiron 15 7548 4k TouchScreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan
I'm stuck and out of ideas regarding the Display resolutions, I've redid the whole process from 0, with DVMT-prealloc set at 128MB, but it still goes black if I don't select "Low Resolution Mode".
And one thing I did not manage to figure out is HDMI audio, though this isn't really needed since I don't use it outside of meetings and presentations (don't need audio over HDMI for those), I've patched it to Layout-ID 13, as I've seen everyone around that has a Dell Inspiron 15 7548. I'll come back to HDMI audio out and try different layout ids (though I haven't found a method to determine that, or I didn't know what exactly to look for).
Should I upload the Problem Reporting required files or is there anything extra needed for diagnosing the display?

Everything else works! Sleep, touchscreen, audio after sleep, MAS, even the SDcard reader (it worked OOB).

Thank you!

HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

No further ideas (other than those already presented in this thread) for your resolution/display prefs problem.

HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

No further ideas (other than those already presented in this thread) for your resolution/display prefs problem.

Thanks for the pointer on the FAQ, re-reading them I realized that I missed a few steps. Will take another go on it.

Regarding resolutions, I'll most likely leave it like it is now, It actually looks good and if anything goes wrong I can use VNC to change it.
Thank you again!

@mave123 can you post your new config.plist + dsdt file for dell inspiron 15 7548?

@mave123 can you post your new config.plist + dsdt file for dell inspiron 15 7548?

As RehabMan said, it is always good to patch your own dsdt (small differences can make a huge impact!).
I can help you with the config file and even the acpi folder. But please compare them :) and add your own patches to your own dsdt! Like that it will work to its upmost performance.
You can use p4merge to compare dsdts (and ssdts) for the needed patches.
And the Clover config.plist will only work as intended :) after you finish patching everything up. It will not work to install or anything.

Also there are certain steps needed for it to work, which will require you to patch your laptops BIOS, which is risky and could brick your laptop!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    106.8 KB · Views: 74
Hello, thank you for sharing.
But when I tried to patch my DSDT I got
Code:
43, 6126, syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_EXP_MULTIPLY
18800, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File
so which syntax file shall I use to fix it? I mean =files in laptop dsdt patch from @RehabMan

yes, I read that page but I can't find how to solve the line 43= syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_EXP_MULTIPLY,
the rest has been solved with the "fix_PARSEOP_ZERO.txt" & "fix_ADBG.txt".

You did not provide "Problem Reporting" files as requested in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back