Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare
CPU
4-Core Intel
Graphics
Radeon
Hello,

I have a Hackintosh that didnt work properly a few weeks ago. I cant remember exactly why or what I did, but I used my (real) MacBookAir for something to repair my Hackintosh. Downloading Clover and preparing an USB stick or something like that. During this I seem to have installed FakeSMC onto the real Mac.

During the last update of OSX to 10.13.4 on the MacBookAir it always got stuck somewhere during boot. I tried many things but could only resolve it by formatting the drive and reinstalling the OS. I already noticed that FakeSMC was on there. I thought formatting the disc (I thought I did it including the EFI-partition) will definitely remove FakeSMC. But then I used the MigrationAssistant to get the Data back from a TimeMachine Backup on the MacBookAir. Maybe there the FakeSMC came back in? I dont completely understand all the mechanics of the whole Hackintosh/EFI thing. But now after during install of the new Security Update the same problem occurs. There is a kernel panic during install and I can only boot now into safe mode.

Long story short: How can I remove the FakeSMC from the real Mac without reinstalling the OS? I booted from USB and checked the contents of the EFI parition but there is no Clover folder. Where else could I look?

There was an SMC folder under Apple, but this was for normal SMC updated I guess? I removed it nonetheless to make sure. I am testing again at the moment, but I doubt that it will work.

kextstat | grep -v com.apple in safe mode gives:

org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC
net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI

I just found these locations as well, removed the kexts and now everything works again! Thanks! Solved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back